rotating .movies shot with digicam?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bugbear, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. bugbear

    bugbear Guest

    bugbear, Dec 8, 2006

  2. bugbear

    bj Guest

    I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to rotate the clips?

    Many TIA,

    bj
    bj, Dec 8, 2006

  3. bugbear

    nospam Guest

    In article <elbkkb$6kg$>, bj <>
    wrote:

    > I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to
    > rotate the clips?

    in quicktime player, select show movie properties, then select the
    video track, click on the visual settings tab and flip/rotate as
    needed.
    nospam, Dec 8, 2006
  4. bugbear

    if Guest

    "bj" <> wrote:

    > I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use
    > to rotate the clips?

    Virtualdub can do this but it only handles AVI files. If you can convert
    your .mov to AVI then no problem, you can rotate it to any angle you like
    using the built-in rotate filter. Good for straightening sloping horizons
    as well as correcting portrait format videos. www.virtualdub.org

    There is a program called radvideo which can convert .mov to .avi, I don't
    have a url offhand you'll have to search for it.
    if, Dec 9, 2006
  5. bugbear

    Guest

    On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:31:55 +0100, "bj" <> wrote:

    >I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to rotate the clips?

    My Nikon Coolpix 4100 outputs video as .MOV files.

    Do a lossless conversion to .AVI with MP4Cam2AVI (freeware) then do
    the rotation with VirtualDub (freeware).

    Make sure you set 'Direct Stream Copy' on the Video menu in VirtualDub
    for lossless rotation.
    , Dec 9, 2006