    Anyone help.
    Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

    Ian Jenkins, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Ian Jenkins

    Nova Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > Anyone help.
    > Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    > How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

    If you are on xp probably the simplest is windows movie maker.

    Nova, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Ian Jenkins

    Allistar Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:

    > Anyone help.
    > Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    > How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

    "avidemux" will do this. There is a rotation filter that you can use. You
    can use this on both Linux and Windows.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Ian Jenkins

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > Anyone help.
    > Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    > How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

    VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod; free and OSS, use the video rotate filter.

    http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

    -=rjh=-, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Ian Jenkins

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > Anyone help.
    > Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    > How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

    Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90°. It'll be fine then. ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Ian Jenkins

    Menoeceus Guest

    On , , Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:54:59 +1300, Re: Rotating AVI files,
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Ian Jenkins wrote:
    >> Anyone help.
    >> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
    >> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
    >>

    >Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90°. It'll be fine then. ;-)

    I have the TV in my bedroom rotated onto its side so I can watch
    it lying on my side. Easier than mentally rotating the picture.

    Menoeceus, Jan 1, 2006
  7. Ian Jenkins

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Menoeceus wrote:
    > On , , Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:54:59 +1300, Re: Rotating AVI files,
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ian Jenkins wrote:
    >>> Anyone help.
    >>> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its
    >>> side. How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
    >>>

    >> Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90°. It'll be fine
    >> then. ;-)

    > I have the TV in my bedroom rotated onto its side so I can watch
    > it lying on my side. Easier than mentally rotating the picture.

    Heh. I did that for a while too.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 1, 2006