    Is this a Windows error or?

    Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark T., Aug 10, 2005

  2. Mark T. wrote:

    > I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
    > (and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
    > rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
    > is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
    > text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
    > (You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
    > Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
    > to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
    > Is this a Windows error or?

    Mark, your monitor is lying on its side.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Mark T.

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:02:22 GMT, "Mark T." <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
    >(and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
    >rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
    >is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
    >text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
    >(You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
    >Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
    >to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
    >Is this a Windows error or?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Mark

    During the boot, does the BIOS screen appear normal?

    If not, you'll need a repair shop for the monitor.

    If yes, from Windows right-click a blank spot on the desktop, select "Properties", "Settings"
    tab, and click the "Advanced" button and look for a setting to change the rotation.
    Unk, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Mark T.

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Your video settings. Check the systray for pivot software.

    pcbutts1, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Mark T.

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:02:22 GMT, Mark T. wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
    >(and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
    >rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar

    <snip>

    If it's the pivot software as mentioned -

    Hot Key

    All rotational modes are available via a hot key combination. Pressing
    all the keys in the key combination simultaneously will initiate the
    rotational action defined.

    * Ctrl + Shift + R rotates to the next available orientation in the
    sequence (0, 90, 180, 270).
    * Ctrl + Shift + 0 rotates the screen to landscape mode. (Default
    monitor configuration).
    * Ctrl + Shift + 9 rotates the screen to portrait mode.
    * Ctrl + Shift + 8 rotates the screen to presentation mode (content
    is upside down).
    * Ctrl + Shift + 7 rotates the screen to portrait mode.

    Note: Hot key combinations are user definable from the PivotĀ® Software
    Properties Tab.

    Me
    why?, Aug 10, 2005
  6. Mark T.