    with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    better than just randomly guessing angles?

    Matt Ion, Jun 18, 2007

  2. Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a free plugin (Photoshop or otherwise) that will work
    > with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    > a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    > better than just randomly guessing angles?

    One way to get the best of both worlds is to use Picasa to organise
    and access your images (which it's rather good at) and Irfanview as
    the image editor it jumps to when you want do something with the image
    that Picasa isn't so good at.

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

    Chris Malcolm, Jun 18, 2007

  3. Matt Ion wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a free plugin (Photoshop or otherwise) that will work
    > with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    > a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    > better than just randomly guessing angles?

    You mean better that the lossless rotate plugin already available for
    Irfanview?

    news.individual.net, Jun 18, 2007
  4. news.individual.net wrote:
    > You mean better that the lossless rotate plugin already available
    > for Irfanview?

    Lossless rotate only works for 90° rotations.
    --
    Toke Eskildsen - http://ekot.dk/

    Toke Eskildsen, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Matt Ion

    King Sardon Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:27:10 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone suggest a free plugin (Photoshop or otherwise) that will work
    >with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    >a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    >better than just randomly guessing angles?

    Like you, I guess the angle in Irfanview. It's not so random any more,
    one does get pretty good at guessing the best angle... but it is still
    trial and error. It would be great to have a feature that allows you
    to rotate with a handle of some kind, and even neater if it would
    automatically crop out the image voids that are thus created. But I
    don't know of a plugin that will do that.

    KS

    King Sardon, Jun 18, 2007
  6. On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:27:10 +0100, Matt Ion wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a free plugin (Photoshop or otherwise) that will work
    > with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    > a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    > better than just randomly guessing angles?

    If you are looking for a free image editing software with advanced
    features, suggest look at GIMP. With Ufraw plugin you can handle the raw
    formats as well.

    --
    gautam

    Gautam Majumdar, Jun 18, 2007
  7. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    Gautam Majumdar wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:27:10 +0100, Matt Ion wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone suggest a free plugin (Photoshop or otherwise) that will work
    >> with Irfanview to provide a better free-rotate function? Something with
    >> a slider (like in Picasa) or snap-line (Paintshop Pro) or anything
    >> better than just randomly guessing angles?

    > If you are looking for a free image editing software with advanced
    > features, suggest look at GIMP. With Ufraw plugin you can handle the raw
    > formats as well.

    Umm, I'm not. I'm looking for something to improve on my existing
    application's built-in function.

    If I was looking for a whole different program, I wouldn't have asked
    for "a plugin that will work with Irfanview".

    Matt Ion, Jun 19, 2007