  1. Justin gregg

    Justin gregg Guest

    Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it work?
    Justin gregg, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Justin gregg

    des Guest

    "Justin gregg" <> wrote in message
    news:c6bj5n$uo1$...
    > Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it work?

    It is a way of encrypting text in a post so a reader can not see it unless
    they choose to unscramble the text. It is often used to hide offensive
    text.

    I think it works by replacing letters with the next letter 13 places along
    in the alphabet.

    Des.
    des, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Justin gregg wrote:

    > Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it work?

    You could just do a Google search on ROT13.

    However, in brief:
    ROT13 is a very simple encryption algorithm whereby eash letter of a
    text string is replaced by another letter displaced by 13 letters in
    the alphabet. 13 is chosen because, if you do a 13 letter displacement
    (i.e. encrypt something using ROT13) followed by a further one, you
    end up where you started. So the encryption tool can also be used as
    the decryption tool.

    Typically, what it is used for is to protect an email address from
    scanners looking for them - whilst still allowing them to be useable
    by people.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Justin gregg

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Justin gregg

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Justin gregg wrote:
    >> Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it work?

    > About 10 seconds at Google, typing in rot13:
    > http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/r/rot13.html

    10 seconds ?

    Typing with one hand huh ?

    --
    slumpy
    "note I didn't ask about the other hand"
    slumpy, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Justin gregg

    ICee Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee
    > decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >
    >> Justin gregg wrote:
    >>> Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it
    >>> work?

    >> About 10 seconds at Google, typing in rot13:
    >> http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/r/rot13.html

    > 10 seconds ?
    >
    > Typing with one hand huh ?

    Yea, the other one is busy feeding doughnuts to my face.
    Mmmm...doughnuts. :)
    ICee, Apr 23, 2004
  7. ICee wrote:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >>...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee
    >>decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >>>About 10 seconds at Google, typing in rot13:
    >>>http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/r/rot13.html

    >>10 seconds ?
    >>
    >>Typing with one hand huh ?

    > Yea, the other one is busy feeding doughnuts to my face.
    > Mmmm...doughnuts. :)

    Doughnuts, my favourite - even better cut in half and put back
    together with 1/2" of Cornish Clotted Cream between. m m m m m m m m m
    m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m! :)
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  8. Justin gregg

    Boomer Guest

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote in

    > ICee wrote:
    >
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>
    >>>...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee
    >>>decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little
    >>>gem:

    >>>10 seconds ?
    >>>
    >>>Typing with one hand huh ?

    >> Yea, the other one is busy feeding doughnuts to my face.
    >> Mmmm...doughnuts. :)
    >>

    > Doughnuts, my favourite - even better cut in half and put back
    > together with 1/2" of Cornish Clotted Cream between. m m m m m m m
    > m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    > m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m! :)

    I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  9. Justin gregg

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    > Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    > http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    No, it's not 'whipped cream' at all !!

    It's CORNISH CLOTTED CREAM !!!

    There /is/ a difference.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 23, 2004
  10. Justin gregg

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel slumpy decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer
    > decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >
    >> I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    >> Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    >> http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    > No, it's not 'whipped cream' at all !!
    >
    > It's CORNISH CLOTTED CREAM !!!
    >
    > There /is/ a difference.

    Let a churn of milk, preferably high butterfat stand overnight, giving any
    cream chance to rise to the surface. The following morning pass the milk
    into the bowl of a cream separator. Inside the separator are a series of
    cylindrical discs, all rotating at very high speed, 6000 to 9000 rpm, thanks
    to gearing as the handle is turned by hand. The heavier skimmed milk
    collects on the outer circumference , with the lighter cream remaining in
    the centre. The pressure of incoming milk from the bowl above forced the
    skimmed milk and cream out into separate collecting vessels. The faster the
    handle was turned the more cream could be separated, but one would be left
    with aching arms after only a few minutes.

    Don't find /that/ on the supermarket shelves ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 23, 2004
    :
    : > I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    : > Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    : > http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm
    :
    : No, it's not 'whipped cream' at all !!
    :
    : It's CORNISH CLOTTED CREAM !!!
    :
    : There /is/ a difference.
    : --
    : slumpy
    : no more
    : no less
    : just me
    : (well what the **** did you expect ?)
    :

    Man ... that sounds nasty, but the pictures looked alright ...

    --

    "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers ..."
    -William S. Gilbert
    Laleh Shireen, Apr 23, 2004
  12. Justin gregg

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Laleh Shireen
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Man ... that sounds nasty, but the pictures looked alright ...

    It is the most incredible cream - about as thick as ice cream, and soooo
    good ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 23, 2004
  13. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    : ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Laleh Shireen
    : decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    :
    : > Man ... that sounds nasty, but the pictures looked alright ...
    :
    : It is the most incredible cream - about as thick as ice cream, and soooo
    : good ;-)
    : --
    : slumpy
    : no more
    : no less
    : just me
    : (well what the **** did you expect ?)
    :

    Don't have that here in the U.S. Does sound good though.

    Laleh Shireen, Apr 23, 2004
  14. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    > it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >

    >>I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    >>Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    >>http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    > No, it's not 'whipped cream' at all !!
    >
    > It's CORNISH CLOTTED CREAM !!!
    >
    > There /is/ a difference.

    About 8000000 calories a slice.

    :)

    omg it is soooooooooooooooooooo good.. Better than body chocolate....
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  15. Laleh Shireen wrote:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > : ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Laleh Shireen
    > : decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    > :
    > : > Man ... that sounds nasty, but the pictures looked alright ...
    > :
    > : It is the most incredible cream - about as thick as ice cream, and soooo
    > : good ;-)
    > : --
    > : slumpy
    > : no more
    > : no less
    > : just me
    > : (well what the **** did you expect ?)
    > :
    >
    > Don't have that here in the U.S. Does sound good though.

    You can mail order it for delivery all over the World(cream by post).
    :) If you haven't had it, you haven't had it.....
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  16. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel slumpy decided
    > it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >

    >>...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer
    >>decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >>

    >>>I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    >>>Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    >>>http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    >>No, it's not 'whipped cream' at all !!
    >>
    >>It's CORNISH CLOTTED CREAM !!!
    >>
    >>There /is/ a difference.

    > Let a churn of milk, preferably high butterfat stand overnight, giving any
    > cream chance to rise to the surface. The following morning pass the milk
    > into the bowl of a cream separator. Inside the separator are a series of
    > cylindrical discs, all rotating at very high speed, 6000 to 9000 rpm, thanks
    > to gearing as the handle is turned by hand. The heavier skimmed milk
    > collects on the outer circumference , with the lighter cream remaining in
    > the centre. The pressure of incoming milk from the bowl above forced the
    > skimmed milk and cream out into separate collecting vessels. The faster the
    > handle was turned the more cream could be separated, but one would be left
    > with aching arms after only a few minutes.
    >
    > Don't find /that/ on the supermarket shelves ;-)

    They DO, down here in Devon (Tescos, Asda (Walmart), Safeway - they
    all stock it). But better from Plymouth market, where you can buy it
    by the pound. Comes in big trays and made by the local farms.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  17. Boomer wrote:

    > =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote in
    >

    >>ICee wrote:

    >>>Yea, the other one is busy feeding doughnuts to my face.
    >>>Mmmm...doughnuts. :)
    >>>

    >>Doughnuts, my favourite - even better cut in half and put back
    >>together with 1/2" of Cornish Clotted Cream between. m m m m m m m
    >>m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    >>m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m! :)

    > I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    > Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    > http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    Yep, its like whipped cream in the same way that single handed round
    the World yachting is like dinghy sailing..
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004
  18. "Palindrâ~»me" <> wrote in message
    : Laleh Shireen wrote:
    :
    <snip>
    : You can mail order it for delivery all over the World(cream by post).
    : :) If you haven't had it, you haven't had it.....
    :
    :
    :
    Mmmmm. Now I am hungry ..

    Laleh Shireen, Apr 23, 2004
  19. Justin gregg

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote in

    [snip]
    >>>Doughnuts, my favourite - even better cut in half and put back
    >>>together with 1/2" of Cornish Clotted Cream between. m m m m m m m
    >>>m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
    >>>m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m! :)

    >> I never heard of Cornish Clotted Cream. Had to google for it.
    >> Just called whipped cream here, if I understand this correctly.
    >> http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-clotted-cream.htm

    > Yep, its like whipped cream in the same way that single handed round
    > the World yachting is like dinghy sailing..

    Okay. Okay! :)
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  20. des wrote:
    > "Justin gregg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is ROT13 and how does it work?
    >>

    > It is a way of encrypting text in a post so a reader can not see it unless
    > they choose to unscramble the text. It is often used to hide offensive
    > text.
    >
    > I think it works by replacing letters with the next letter 13 places along
    > in the alphabet.
    >
    > Des.

    :)

    --
    This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for increased security
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Apr 23, 2004