    Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
    and my head a-splode!

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Jordan

    Ed Kim Guest

    Jordan wrote:
    > I just got the Amazon notification... what great news... This was one
    > of the last flicks I wanted on DVD that had yet to be released...
    >
    > Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
    > and my head a-splode!
    >
    > - Jordan

    YES!!!11!! now i can dump my awful R4 PAL dvd.....

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Jordan wrote:
    > I just got the Amazon notification... what great news... This was one
    > of the last flicks I wanted on DVD that had yet to be released...
    >
    > Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
    > and my head a-splode!
    >
    > - Jordan

    Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing that
    the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised version
    that I recorded...?
    lew@csus_abcdefg.edu, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:

    > Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

    that
    > the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

    version
    > that I recorded...?

    The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD release
    sits get the info.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Jordan

    Ed Kim Guest

    Jordan wrote:
    > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
    >
    > > Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

    > that
    > > the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

    > version
    > > that I recorded...?

    > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

    release
    > sits get the info.
    >
    > - Jordan

    my PAL dvd (if that's anythng to go on) is 4:3 with no extras and no
    insert. mediocre picture quality. better than vhs recorded off tv,
    though!

    i'll guess that it'll be a barebones release, but i can hope. You'd've
    thot they would've released it in conjunction with SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE.
    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Jan 7, 2005
  6. In article <>, Jordan wrote:

    > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
    >
    >> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

    > that
    >> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

    > version
    >> that I recorded...?

    > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD release
    > sits get the info.
    >
    > - Jordan

    Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.

    hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
    setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
    of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
    cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).
    lew@csus_abcdefg.edu, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Jordan

    Ed Kim Guest

    Jordan wrote:

    > > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
    > >
    > >> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

    > > that
    > >> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

    > > version
    > >> that I recorded...?

    > > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    > > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

    release
    > > sits get the info.
    > >
    > > - Jordan
    > >

    > Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
    >
    > hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
    > setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
    > of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
    > cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).

    are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
    for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?

    i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
    for 25pack.

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Jan 8, 2005
  8. Ed Kim wrote:

    > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
    >> In article <>,

    > Jordan wrote:

    >> > that
    >> > version
    >> >
    >> > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    >> > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

    > release
    >> > sits get the info.
    >> >
    >> > - Jordan
    >> >

    >> Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
    >>
    >> hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
    >> setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
    >> of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
    >> cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).

    > are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
    > for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?
    >
    > i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
    > for 25pack.
    >
    > -goro-

    Depending where you are & whether you are close to a Fry's, you can check
    their website, "www.outpost.com" or the local paper's Fry's adverts for
    sales each week (wed, fri & sun are the best days for Fry's adverts).

    Fry's "brand" GQ of dvd-r was at $7.75 for 25 & $6.00 rebate is now over
    for the time being. Still 8x of 25 dvd-r at $7.50 (current) isn't bad
    either. Your TDK is a decent buy/sale but the $7.75 is the regular price
    at Fry's (I think). It's one reason I get the Sunday paper....:)

    Prices of dvd-r/dvd+r looks to be dropping faster now. Heck, even the
    lcd monitors are dropping in price, at least with rebates.
    lew@csus_abcdefg.edu, Jan 8, 2005
  9. Jordan

    Joe S Guest

    Ed Kim wrote:
    > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,

    > Jordan wrote:

    >>>that

    >>>version

    >>>The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
    >>>it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

    > release
    >
    >>>sits get the info.
    >>>
    >>>- Jordan
    >>>

    >>Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
    >>
    >>hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
    >>setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
    >>of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
    >>cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).

    > are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
    > for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?
    >
    > i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
    > for 25pack.
    >
    > -goro-

    Check out 100pk 4x DVD-R for $20, free shipping. http://www.thetechgeek.com

    I've had good success with them.