    limited experience.

    Sorry I am unable to help you with your core issue.

    George W.W.
    George W. W., Sep 18, 2004

  2. George W. W.

    Bill P Guest

    Mr Wrigglesworth please reply to the original thread then we will all
    know what you are talking about.

    Use the "Reply Group" option

    Bill P, Sep 18, 2004

  3. George W. W.

    °Mike° Guest

    For pity's sake man, PLEASE highlight the message you
    wish to reply to BEFORE pressing 'Reply Group', and do
    NOT keep changing the subject line; if you don't keep
    subjects in the same thread, it makes the conversation
    hard to follow, and before long you WILL end up in
    many people's kill filters.

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:09:09 GMT, in
    <pJ%2d.135$>
    George W. W. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2004
  4. George W. W.

    Mikish Guest

    Sound advice, and George should also include your name his "helpful people"
    list, Mike. I wonder if he has an "occasionally grumpy" list too?

    °Mike° <> impressed us all with the following remark:

    Mikish, Sep 18, 2004
  5. George W. W.

    George W. W. Guest

    Ooops, I may have just done it again. I am really trying to be consistant.

    I hope this reply has shown I'm listening.

    No subject matter changed.
    Message highlighted before replying to group and accepting the valid
    critism.

    As well as learning munging tomorrow I will see if I have a "kill" filter on
    my
    system as I have had a few negative contacts since I have left my full
    e-mail address on view.

    Regards

    George

    PS I dont have a grumpy list & if I did you (Mike) would not be considered
    as you are trying to help
    --------------

    George W. W., Sep 18, 2004
  6. George W. W.

    Bill P Guest

    Were you replying to me °Mike°?
    I always highlight the message I want to reply to but very often it just
    gets added to the bottom of the thread.
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill P, Sep 19, 2004
  7. George W. W.

    Bill P Guest

    Just like it has done there!

    Bill P, Sep 19, 2004
  8. George W. W.

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you taking the piss? Why would I explain to one
    person how to reply properly whilst not replying
    properly myself? DUH!

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:03:35 +0100, in
    <cik72n$k24$>
    Bill P scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 19, 2004
  9. George W. W.

    Bill P Guest

    I'm not trying to take the piss at all °Mike°
    The following is what I see in OE. You're post shows up after mine.

    FROM SENT

    Rose Marie(aged?) George W W 18/9/04 20:09

    Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 18/9/04 20:25

    Rose Marie(aged?) °Mike° 18/9/04 22:00

    Rose Marie(aged?) Mikish 18/9/04 23:01

    Rose Marie(aged?) George W W 18/9/04 23:44

    Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 19/9/04 16:03

    Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 19/9/04 16:04

    Rose Marie(aged?) °Mike° 19/9/04 18:36

    Bill P, Sep 19, 2004
  10. If you'll *read* the post by °Mike°, you'll see that he's replying
    directly to George W W. Learn to follow a thread.

    Bill P wrote:

    > I'm not trying to take the piss at all °Mike°
    > The following is what I see in OE. You're post shows up after mine.
    >

    > FROM SENT
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) George W W 18/9/04 20:09
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 18/9/04 20:25
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) °Mike° 18/9/04 22:00
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) Mikish 18/9/04 23:01
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) George W W 18/9/04 23:44
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 19/9/04 16:03
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) Bill P 19/9/04 16:04
    >
    > Rose Marie(aged?) °Mike° 19/9/04 18:36

    <snip>
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 19, 2004
  11. George W. W.

    °Mike° Guest

    The thread goes:

    George W.W.
    |...Bill P
    |...°Mike° <----- I replied to George W.W.
    |...George W.W.
    |...Bill P <-----------Where you replied to ME.
    |...Bill P
    |...°Mike°
    |...Bill P
    |...Rôgêr
    |...°Mike° <----This post

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:19:52 +0100, in
    <cikm39$do$>
    Bill P scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2004
  12. George W. W.

    rose marie Guest

    thanks, anyway, I finally recalled system restore, ran it and all is well.
    rose marie

    rose marie, Sep 20, 2004