    Please , how do I expand the folders tree in windows explorer automatically?
    I always have to expand it every time I open it up.
    XP os. thanks .

    JonC, Mar 10, 2008

  2. JonC

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    JonC added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

    > Please , how do I expand the folders tree in windows explorer
    > automatically?
    > I always have to expand it every time I open it up.
    > XP os. thanks .

    Maybe in Tools>Folder Options>View but are you sure you really want
    to do this? I don't have all that many folders since I have 3
    partitions on my PC to segregate things in a logical fashion for
    each data management but even so, if they were all expanded it
    would be a PITA to scroll through the list.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
    "Airplane!"

    HEMI-Powered, Mar 10, 2008

  3. JonC

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:43:56 -0000, JonC wrote:

    Another 1 of those subject lines :-(

    >Please , how do I expand the folders tree in windows explorer automatically?

    You really want to do this? Depending on the number of folders / files
    it can slow Explorer, more so if you have the automatic networked
    printers / folders search enabled.

    > I always have to expand it every time I open it up.

    Just a few particular folders, you might consider searching

    www.google.com ,
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics ,
    and http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
    looking for Explorer command line switches and make a few shortcuts.

    Such as

    Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP
    (314853) - This article lists the command-line options that you can use
    with Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe). This article lists the
    command-line options that ... The options that you can use with
    Explorer.exe are /n , /e , /root (plus an object), and /select (plus an
    object).
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853/en-us

    How To Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    (307856) - Discusses how to use the Windows Explorer command-line
    switches in Windows XP. This step-by-step article describes how to use
    the Windows Explorer command-line switches in ... The following example
    shows the combination of the Windows Explorer command-line switches.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307856/en-us

    Depending on what happens now, an expanded tree closes when another is
    opened or not, you may also have display simple folder view ticked.

    >XP os. thanks .

    Maybe 1 of the many XP newsgroups, a list here.
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607002&expand=1
    or xp forums , tips sites. Use www.google.com for those.

    Most likely there is an answer or a small app already to do this.

    Me

    why?, Mar 10, 2008