rommon mode won't respond to keystrokes

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bw0507@gmail.com, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I get the error message below and I am trying to give the command
    'confreg' and the router won't respond to any keystrokes. I have tried
    to send the ctrl-break during boot and nothing.

    Is there another method?

    Thanks

    BW

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

    device does not contain a valid magic number
    boot: cannot open "flash:"
    boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

    rommon 1 >

    , Feb 5, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Feb 5, 2006

  3. BW Guest

    Thanks Brad but I have been through these.

    All of these methods that the router responds to keystrokes which this
    one doesn't...

    BW, Feb 5, 2006
  4. BW Guest

    Thanks Brad but I have been through these docs.

    As I eluded to in my original post, these presume that the router
    responds to commmands entered, which this one doesn't...any other
    thoughts?

    BW, Feb 5, 2006
  5. Guest

    BW wrote:
    > Thanks Brad but I have been through these docs.
    >
    > As I eluded to in my original post, these presume that the router
    > responds to commmands entered, which this one doesn't...any other
    > thoughts?

    I've experienced similar difficulties using Windows Hyperterm. If
    that's what your using, try a different term. emulator. HTH, David

    , Feb 5, 2006