    returns to it's plain state. How do I code to allow a third state?
    TIA
    whenindoubt
    whenindoubt, Feb 14, 2004

  2. whenindoubt

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:26:16 GMT, whenindoubt wrote:

    >Hi All.
    >I'm confused about rollover graphics on a web page. I have the roll on, roll

    that's one reason to avoid them.

    >off part working. My question is how to code a third "visited link" option.

    If you stick with CSS , you can get 5 effects.

    A:link
    A:visited
    A:hover
    A:active

    >Currently the graphic is displayed plain. When the user rolls on, it is
    >highlighted with a drop shadow. When the user clicks and rolls off, it
    >returns to it's plain state. How do I code to allow a third state?

    On/Off/Click is 3 states.

    So what's the URL, what actions are you using?

    onClick()
    onMouseOver()
    onMouseOut()
    onMouseDown()
    onMouseUp()
    onDblClick()
    onMouseMove()

    Try www.google.com search for - image rollover tutorials

    Me
    why?, Feb 14, 2004

  3. whenindoubt

    whenindoubt Guest

    Why?
    Thanks for the directions. I too prefer CSS but the client wants graphics.
    I'm using onMouseOver() onMouseOut(). I thought by using onClick(), I could
    get the 3rd graphic. I can see it ok, except when I mouse over again. It
    returned to the original.
    whenindoubt

    whenindoubt, Feb 14, 2004