    Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    omegazero2004, Aug 28, 2003

  2. omegazero2004

    DC Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:50:34 +0100, omegazero2004 <> wrote:
    > I have a problem with scrolling down which causes a rolling or
    > cascading effect on the screen, which is quite nauseous making.
    >
    > I've tried all permutations on my PS/2 Compatible mouse, but nothing
    > gets rid of this irritating problem.
    >
    > Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

    Turn off smooth scrolling? I don't know, you didn't provide a great
    deal of info about your platform.

    More info = better answers

    --
    DC

    New SCO licensing scheme in the works, morning headlines to read:
    "Customers buy license plates made by former SCO executives"

    DC, Aug 28, 2003

  3. omegazero2004

    John HUDSON Guest

    On 28 Aug 2003 07:07:32 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:50:34 +0100, omegazero2004 <> wrote:
    >> I have a problem with scrolling down which causes a rolling or
    >> cascading effect on the screen, which is quite nauseous making.
    >>
    >> I've tried all permutations on my PS/2 Compatible mouse, but nothing
    >> gets rid of this irritating problem.
    >>
    >> Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

    >Turn off smooth scrolling? I don't know, you didn't provide a great
    >deal of info about your platform.
    >
    >More info = better answers

    Sorry! ;o)

    I'm running Windows XP Pro using IE 6 as my default browser.

    The only place I can find to possibly control screen scrolling by
    mouse wheel, is in mouse properties, which I have got set on "3 lines
    per notch"!

    The side scroll bar controlled by the mouse left click, causes the
    same nauseous effect particularly when using the browser.

    If you need any more info let me know please. ;o)

    John HUDSON, Aug 28, 2003
  4. omegazero2004

    JOE Guest

    I had this same problem twice and each time it was the video card.Each time
    I had to install the video driver again.That was several months ago.

    JOE, Aug 28, 2003
  5. omegazero2004

    trout Guest

    John HUDSON wrote:

    > On 28 Aug 2003 07:07:32 GMT, DC <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:50:34 +0100, omegazero2004
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> I have a problem with scrolling down which causes a rolling or
    >>> cascading effect on the screen, which is quite nauseous making.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried all permutations on my PS/2 Compatible mouse, but nothing
    >>> gets rid of this irritating problem.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

    >> Turn off smooth scrolling? I don't know, you didn't provide a great
    >> deal of info about your platform.
    >>
    >> More info = better answers

    > Sorry! ;o)
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro using IE 6 as my default browser.
    >
    > The only place I can find to possibly control screen scrolling by
    > mouse wheel, is in mouse properties, which I have got set on "3 lines
    > per notch"!
    >
    > The side scroll bar controlled by the mouse left click, causes the
    > same nauseous effect particularly when using the browser.
    >
    > If you need any more info let me know please. ;o)

    For that (mentioned) option; look in the Control Panel, under
    Internet Options; "Advanced" tab.
    --
    "I *am assuming* you have something like that in XP."

    trout, Aug 28, 2003
  6. omegazero2004

    DC Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:22:46 +0100, John HUDSON <> wrote:

    > I have "use smooth scrolling" checked but I can't see anything else
    > that is relevant.

    Did you try *unchecking* it? I personally hate smooth scrolling. It
    makes me want to hurl.

    It sounds like either the video card (try reinstalling your drivers) or
    a CPU that is really, REALLY busy. What is your CPU/RAM like?

    DC, Aug 29, 2003
  7. omegazero2004

    Boomer.. Guest

    DC said:

    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:22:46 +0100, John HUDSON <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have "use smooth scrolling" checked but I can't see anything
    >> else that is relevant.

    > Did you try *unchecking* it? I personally hate smooth scrolling.
    > It makes me want to hurl.

    Moose hurl?

    Boomer.., Aug 29, 2003
  8. omegazero2004

    DC Guest

    On 29 Aug 2003 06:11:10 GMT, Boomer.. <> wrote:
    > DC said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:22:46 +0100, John HUDSON <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have "use smooth scrolling" checked but I can't see anything
    >>> else that is relevant.

    >> Did you try *unchecking* it? I personally hate smooth scrolling.
    >> It makes me want to hurl.

    > Moose hurl?

    Not a scene for the faint of heart, Ms B. Trust me. }8OX

    --
    DC

    ..liaj ot oG .ACMD eht detaloiv evah uoy ,ecnetnes siht no noitpyrcne eht
    gnikaerb yB

    DC, Aug 30, 2003
  9. omegazero2004

    Boomer Guest

    DC said:

    > On 29 Aug 2003 06:11:10 GMT, Boomer.. <> wrote:
    >> DC said:

    >>> Did you try *unchecking* it? I personally hate smooth
    >>> scrolling. It makes me want to hurl.

    >> Moose hurl?
    >>

    > Not a scene for the faint of heart, Ms B. Trust me. }8OX

    I believe you!!

    Let me know if you ever have the urge. I will turn my head!!!

    }8OXX

    Boomer, Aug 30, 2003
  10. omegazero2004

    roneal

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    This happened to me because I tried to update the driver for my video card.
    I rolled back the driver, restarted and voila! fixed.

    roneal, Mar 21, 2008