    etc) and it seems to help but not for very long. They are using XP home
    edition. They are at a loss to correct this at the moment.
    Paul
    Paul Johnson, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Paul Johnson

    WormWood Guest

    "Paul Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:r%5qe.14768$...
    > What could cause the screen to roll intermittently? My friend
    > complains of
    > this but insists that it can't be the monitor settings as they have
    > never
    > been touched. They have tried altering the encoding (Western European
    > etc
    > etc) and it seems to help but not for very long. They are using XP
    > home
    > edition. They are at a loss to correct this at the moment.
    > Paul

    Do they use a wheel mouse? A little reconfiguration in control panel may
    help.
    WormWood, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Paul Johnson gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What could cause the screen to roll intermittently? My friend
    > complains of this but insists that it can't be the monitor
    > settings as they have never been touched. They have tried altering
    > the encoding (Western European etc etc) and it seems to help but
    > not for very long. They are using XP home edition. They are at a
    > loss to correct this at the moment. Paul

    Perhaps it's time to try "touching the monitor settings". Things *do*
    change over time, you know. Components age and values change with heat,
    etc.

    --

    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language,
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Paul Johnson

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Paul Johnson wrote:

    > What could cause the screen to roll intermittently? My friend complains of
    > this but insists that it can't be the monitor settings as they have never
    > been touched. They have tried altering the encoding (Western European etc
    > etc) and it seems to help but not for very long. They are using XP home
    > edition. They are at a loss to correct this at the moment.
    > Paul

    A poor contact pin can cause this. Try another cable?
    Rick Merrill, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > Paul Johnson wrote:

    >> What could cause the screen to roll intermittently? My friend complains of
    >> this but insists that it can't be the monitor settings as they have never
    >> been touched. They have tried altering the encoding (Western European etc
    >> etc) and it seems to help but not for very long. They are using XP home
    >> edition. They are at a loss to correct this at the moment.
    >> Paul

    > A poor contact pin can cause this. Try another cable?

    And in lieu of having another cable lying about, at least reseating the
    connectors would be a good thing to try before procuring another cable.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2005