    --

    Falcon:T
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Falcon, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Falcon

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Falcon wrote:
    > I have to confess that after the trouble I had making the wireless
    > network do neat things like share files, printers and the internet
    > connection, installing SP2 fills me with dread. Is rolling-back easy?

    Yes , as long as you ticked the appropriate box when installing it.

    Just go to add/remove programs and click remove

    --
    Alex

    "We are now up against live, hostile targets"

    "So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
    attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.ebayfaq.co.uk

    Dr Zoidberg, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Falcon

    Falcon Guest

    "Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOOO!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Falcon wrote:
    > > I have to confess that after the trouble I had making the wireless
    > > network do neat things like share files, printers and the internet
    > > connection, installing SP2 fills me with dread. Is rolling-back easy?

    > Yes , as long as you ticked the appropriate box when installing it.
    >
    > Just go to add/remove programs and click remove

    Thanks Alex.

    --

    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Falcon, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Falcon

    burris Guest

    Falcon wrote:

    > "Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOOO!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Falcon wrote:
    >> > I have to confess that after the trouble I had making the wireless
    >> > network do neat things like share files, printers and the internet
    >> > connection, installing SP2 fills me with dread. Is rolling-back easy?

    >> Yes , as long as you ticked the appropriate box when installing it.
    >>
    >> Just go to add/remove programs and click remove

    > Thanks Alex.

    Might consider this article before rushing to up to SP2

    burris
    -----------

    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.09/view.html?pg=3

    burris, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Falcon

    Falcon Guest

    "burris" <> wrote in message
    > Falcon wrote:
    >
    >> "Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOOO!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Yes , as long as you ticked the appropriate box when installing it.
    >>>
    >>> Just go to add/remove programs and click remove

    >> Thanks Alex.
    >>

    > Might consider this article before rushing to up to SP2
    >
    > burris
    > -----------
    >
    > http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.09/view.html?pg=3

    Too late; already done. The download took 45 minutes and installation
    another 45 but I just let it chunter away - and I'm happy to say that
    everything worked like a dream. The network is still solid (Netgear DG834G
    router plus MA111 USB adaptor on the laptop) and I can see and work with all
    shared folders *and* send jobs to the printer in the office upstairs. Not
    only that, but the problem I had under SP1 (with missing icons from the
    system tray) has disappeared.

    In fact, I'm a very happy bunny.

    --

    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Falcon, Aug 31, 2004
  6. Falcon

    Falcon Guest

    "Falcon" <> wrote in message

    > "burris" <> wrote in message

    [...]

    >> Might consider this article before rushing to up to SP2
    >>
    >> burris
    >> -----------
    >>
    >> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.09/view.html?pg=3

    > Too late; already done. The download took 45 minutes and installation
    > another 45 but I just let it chunter away - and I'm happy to say that
    > everything worked like a dream. The network is still solid (Netgear DG834G
    > router plus MA111 USB adaptor on the laptop) and I can see and work with
    > all shared folders *and* send jobs to the printer in the office upstairs.
    > Not only that, but the problem I had under SP1 (with missing icons from
    > the system tray) has disappeared.

    SP2 is now rolled-out on the main desktop PC (wired to router) and the
    laptop (wireless connection). All file-sharing and print-sharing services
    still work and the wireless network is still extremely stable. SP2 even
    turned off its own firewall after detecting that McAfee's firewall was
    running on the desktop. Frankly, I didn't have to do a thing - it was just
    like a fairly normal, (if slightly long), windows update session; so I have
    to say, from my perspective, well done Microsoft.

    --

    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Falcon, Aug 31, 2004
  7. Falcon

    Quaoar Guest

    "Falcon" <> wrote in message
    >I have to confess that after the trouble I had making the wireless
    >network
    > do neat things like share files, printers and the internet connection,
    > installing SP2 fills me with dread. Is rolling-back easy?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Falcon:T
    > fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Do some cleanup before installing SP2. Disk cleanup, defrag, sfc
    /scannow from a command prompt, no running apps except firewall and
    antivirus, set your own SP1 restrore point, remove old restore points,
    don't install SP2 during thunderstorms or hurricanes, and lock up the
    cat.

    Quaoar, Sep 1, 2004