    downloaded Hijackthis and that seemed to fix it. So if anyone else gets
    this problem you know what to do.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:c9qdnp$b5f$...
    > I had a problem with a malware file called "Roings", every time I ran
    > Ad-Aware Pro to delete it, it would come back each time I stat windows so

    > downloaded Hijackthis and that seemed to fix it. So if anyone else gets
    > this problem you know what to do.
    >
    > LJ

    Where did it show up in HijackThis?

    Mark Mandell, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I'm not sure now mate, I took a few things off.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Thor Guest

    never dealt with Roings, but wintools, and xxxlocator are the two most
    annoying ones to get rid of that i have had the displeasure of dealing with
    on customer systems. Hijackthis is a valuable tool for getting rid of
    persistent spyware, but it must be used very carefully. It's far less idiot
    proof than Spybot, Adaware, etc.

    Thor, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I agree Thor, You have to be really careful in what you take off with
    Hijackthis.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 4, 2004
  6. Roings is nasty. I found this: http://spywarewarrior.com/

    Check it out. Very informative and helped me get rid of roings for good.

    --
    Vector Newman

    **It may be great to be king, but you're never safe on the throne.
    Just ask Elvis.

    Vector Newman, Jun 8, 2004