Rogue phishing warning (Halifax BS)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Keith (Southend), Nov 24, 2006.

  1. Keith (Southend), Nov 24, 2006

  2. Keith (Southend), Nov 24, 2006

  3. Keith (Southend)

    Andy J. Guest

    Keith (Southend) wrote:
    >> Halifax Building Society (UK)
    >> Click on 'sign in' link, top RH, and it flags it up as a forgery ;-0
    >>
    >> http://www.halifax.co.uk/home/index.shtml

    > Doesn't pick it up on IE7.

    Neither does Firefox 2.0 but then that maybe because it's the official
    Halifax web-site.

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

    Andy J., Nov 30, 2006
  4. Andy J. wrote:
    > Keith (Southend) wrote:
    >> Keith (Southend) wrote:
    >>> Halifax Building Society (UK)
    >>> Click on 'sign in' link, top RH, and it flags it up as a forgery ;-0
    >>>
    >>> http://www.halifax.co.uk/home/index.shtml

    >> Doesn't pick it up on IE7.
    >>

    > Neither does Firefox 2.0 but then that maybe because it's the official
    > Halifax web-site.
    >
    > Andy J.

    I always use Firefox and version 2.0 since it came out. however i just
    checked it no longer picks up the official site as phishing site, but it
    did before!

    --
    Keith (Southend)
    http://www.southendweather.net