    Can anyone shed any light on what this is?

    regards

    Paul

    sunny, Dec 5, 2003

  2. sunny

    Broom Hilda Guest

    Everytime you modify your address book the tilda (~) appears. Just another
    M$ screwup. Completely harmless.
    "sunny" <> wrote in message
    > Occasionally an icon that is not associated with any program keeps

    appearing
    > on my desktop. It is simply titled ' ~ '. I have run it thru a virus

    checker
    > and it says no viruses found so i just delete it but it comes back after a
    > while. I doesnt appear to be causing any problems but is becoming

    annoying.

    Broom Hilda, Dec 5, 2003

  3. sunny

    bb3 Guest

    "sunny" <> wrote in message
    > Occasionally an icon that is not associated with any program keeps

    appearing
    > on my desktop. It is simply titled ' ~ '. I have run it thru a virus

    checker
    > and it says no viruses found so i just delete it but it comes back

    after a
    > while. I doesnt appear to be causing any problems but is becoming

    annoying.

    > Can anyone shed any light on what this is?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Paul

    It's a back-up of your OE Address book. It's a glitch that came out in
    the last cumulative patch from MS. It pops up after you have modified
    your address book in some way. It's safe to delete.

    bb3, Dec 5, 2003
  4. sunny

    sunny Guest

    thanks for the info, i can sleep again now!

    sunny, Dec 5, 2003