Rogers Video and DVD; Slim pickings

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    They seem to have embarked on a crusade to rid Rogers stores of DVDs
    that aren't mainstream movies. I've noticed a drop in the number of
    independent
    and "smaller" films on DVDs and an increase in the blockbusters
    stocked. In addition (oddly) they've got signs all over their stores
    saying "specialty films
    can be ordered, inquire." It seems like they've given up on the
    rental side
    of this and are attempting to sell these DVDs via special order only.
    This is disconcerting because Blockbuster had already said they'd be
    trimming
    back on specialty and lesser films, foreign films, etc.
    I've got a suggestion for both; Get rid of those useless VHS tapes no
    one
    (except the odd wrestling fan) is renting and replace them with DVDs
    of scarcer
    movies. They can't possibly be worse renters than the VHS tapes I've
    seen.

    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 19, 2004