    I want to get some opinions on high speed internet in Toronto.
    Rogers or Sympatcio, please advise.
    Thank you.
    Old, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Old

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Old said:

    > Hello Everyone
    >
    > I want to get some opinions on high speed internet in Toronto.
    > Rogers or Sympatcio, please advise.
    > Thank you.

    Rogers and Sympatico are not on shift right now, you may have to wait for
    someone else to reply.
    Brian H¹©, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Old

    Some1 Guest

    Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    But you can't have a server in your machine.
    The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but then
    you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.

    Good luck.

    Some1, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Old

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Some1 said:

    > Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    > But you can't have a server in your machine.
    > The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but then
    > you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    > U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Why tell me?

    Brian H¹©, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Old

    Some1 Guest

    "Some1" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    > But you can't have a server in your machine.
    > The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but then
    > you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    > U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.

    link to the table.
    http://www.dslreports.com/isplist?c=CAN

    Some1, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Old

    Some1 Guest

    > Some1 said:
    >
    > > Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    > > But you can't have a server in your machine.
    > > The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but then
    > > you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    > > U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    > >
    > > Good luck.

    > Why tell me?

    I was not telling you but to the first poster.

    Yet another useful link for ISP comparison in GTA
    http://www.canadianisp.com/cgi-bin/ispsearch.cgi

    Some1, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Old

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Some1 said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Some1 said:
    >>
    >>> Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    >>> But you can't have a server in your machine.
    >>> The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but then
    >>> you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    >>> U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    >>>
    >>> Good luck.

    >> Why tell me?
    >>

    > I was not telling you but to the first poster.

    No, you replied to me, not the OP.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 13, 2003
  8. Old

    Boomer Guest

    "Some1" <> wrote in

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en
    > el mensaje
    >> Some1 said:
    >>
    >> > Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    >> > But you can't have a server in your machine.
    >> > The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100,
    >> > but then you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    >> > U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    >> >
    >> > Good luck.

    >> Why tell me?
    >>

    > I was not telling you but to the first poster.

    Then reply to the first poster!

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Boomer, Nov 13, 2003
  9. Old

    Some1 Guest

    > Some1 said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el

    mensaje

    > >> Why tell me?
    > >>

    > > I was not telling you but to the first poster.

    > No, you replied to me, not the OP.

    Well, I'm sorry for that, then. Not good enough to post in this NG, may be.

    Some1, Nov 13, 2003
  10. Old

    Boomer Guest

    "Some1" <> wrote in

    > "Some1" <> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    >> But you can't have a server in your machine.
    >> The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but
    >> then you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    >> U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    >>

    > link to the table.
    > http://www.dslreports.com/isplist?c=CAN
    >
    >> Good luck.
    >>

    >> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en
    >> el

    > mensaje

    You replied to Brian again.

    Boomer, Nov 13, 2003
  11. Old

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Some1 said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Some1 said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el mensaje

    >>> I was not telling you but to the first poster.

    >> No, you replied to me, not the OP.
    >>

    > Well, I'm sorry for that, then. Not good enough to post in this NG, may be.

    Just reply to the person asking the question instead of replying to someone
    else, it's quite simple really, you answer the first post, not the person
    answering it.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 13, 2003
  12. Old

    hugh jass Guest

    don't be so hard on yourself. with a little bit of practice, you WILL be
    good enough to post here.
    ([:eek: | )=

    --
    ______________________
    "Some1" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el
    mensaje
    : news:lICsb.1237$...
    : > Some1 said:
    : >
    : > > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el
    : mensaje
    : > > news:eek:pCsb.1232$...
    : > >> Some1 said:
    : > >>
    : > >>> Look communications, cheaper, fast and NO CAPS
    : > >>> But you can't have a server in your machine.
    : > >>> The only drawback is you have to buy the adsl modem for $100, but
    then
    : > >>> you'll have to pay no $10 / mo. for the modem rental.
    : > >>> U can browse this table for several ISP's in Canada.
    : > >>>
    : > >>> Good luck.
    : > >>
    : > >> Why tell me?
    : > >>
    : > >
    : > > I was not telling you but to the first poster.
    : >
    : > No, you replied to me, not the OP.
    : >
    :
    : Well, I'm sorry for that, then. Not good enough to post in this NG, may
    be.
    :
    : > >
    : > > Yet another useful link for ISP comparison in GTA
    : > > http://www.canadianisp.com/cgi-bin/ispsearch.cgi
    : > >
    : > >>>
    : > >>>
    : > >>> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> escribió en el
    : mensaje
    : > >>> news:LTBsb.4036$...
    : > >>>> Old said:
    : > >>>>
    : > >>>>> Hello Everyone
    : > >>>>>
    hugh jass, Nov 13, 2003
  13. Hi:
    I am in Hamilton and have had Sympatico High Speed but now have cable
    (Mountaincable). Cable is better for me any ways!

    Kenneth Marson, Nov 13, 2003
  14. Hi:
    Having had both I like the cable better. Much faster here in
    Hamilton, although I have Mountaincable not Rogers.

    Kenneth Marson, Nov 13, 2003
  15. Old

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Kenneth Marson said:

    > Hi:
    > I am in Hamilton and have had Sympatico High Speed but now have cable
    > (Mountaincable). Cable is better for me any ways!

    Why are you telling me?

    Brian H¹©, Nov 13, 2003
  16. Old

    Ionizer Guest

    "Old" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone
    >
    > I want to get some opinions on high speed internet in Toronto.
    > Rogers or Sympatcio, please advise.
    > Thank you.

    I'm using Rogers, and a friend of mine is using Sympatico. Both are very
    fast, but: Sympatico is just recently slapping on an additional fee for
    spam-blocking and virus-filtering, using a negative-option billing approach
    as I understand it. Also, the binaries newsgroup retention is quite minimal
    on Sympatico, while Rogers at least offers 95%+ completion and three days'
    retention. I have not compared pricing as I am satisfied with Rogers
    currently, but Rogers does offer a "Lite" service with reduced speed but
    unlimited total data transfer- the light version of Sympatico, I believe,
    employs a cap on the quantity of data transferred instead.

    So both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages. Compare prices
    bearing in mind what you want to use the high speed connection for.

    Regards,
    Ian (Scarborough)
    Ionizer, Nov 13, 2003