    Owl Jolson Guest

    anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    isn't going to do me any good. : (

    Owl Jolson, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Owl Jolson wrote:

    > anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    > isn't going to do me any good. : (

    Unless you get a copy made from the laserdisc
    from someone.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 20, 2004

  3. On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Owl Jolson wrote:

    > anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    > isn't going to do me any good. : (

    Paramount has never shown the slightest iota of interest in this title,
    it's never even been on VHS. But if they can put out a weak title like
    Conquest of Space, surely they could do up RCoM. Although the Criterion
    laserdisc will likely put to shame anything Paramount might throw together
    in terms of extras.

    I'm sure there are folks out there who have already made their own DVDs at
    home from their laserdiscs (or a borrowed copy) maybe you can track one
    down through a collector's/trader's newsgroup.

    swac
    Still looking for a 45 single of that crazy theme song...

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Owl Jolson

    Joe McC Guest

    "Stephen Cooke" <> wrote in message

    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Owl Jolson wrote:
    >
    >> anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    >> isn't going to do me any good. : (

    > Paramount has never shown the slightest iota of interest in this title,
    > it's never even been on VHS. But if they can put out a weak title like
    > Conquest of Space, surely they could do up RCoM. Although the Criterion
    > laserdisc will likely put to shame anything Paramount might throw together
    > in terms of extras.
    >
    > I'm sure there are folks out there who have already made their own DVDs at
    > home from their laserdiscs (or a borrowed copy) maybe you can track one
    > down through a collector's/trader's newsgroup.
    >
    > swac
    > Still looking for a 45 single of that crazy theme song...

    Rumored, but unconfirmed, for late 2005 according to The Digital Bits a few
    weeks ago

    Joe McC, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Owl Jolson wrote:

    > anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    > isn't going to do me any good. : (

    (Ohhh, *right*, THAT'S what the pests were going to ask for now that
    Warner's finally putting out "Ice Pirates"...
    Darn, forgot.)

    Derek Janssen (silly, silly me)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 20, 2004
  6. I have a dvd-r of the ld

    John339077353, Nov 21, 2004
  7. "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Owl Jolson wrote:
    >
    >> anyone seen this out on DVD??? I've seen it on LD, on ebay... but that
    >> isn't going to do me any good. : (

    > (Ohhh, *right*, THAT'S what the pests were going to ask for now that
    > Warner's finally putting out "Ice Pirates"...
    > Darn, forgot.)
    >
    > Derek Janssen (silly, silly me)

    Not me. I'll continue to pester them for Electric Dreams.

    Arthur Lipscomb, Nov 21, 2004