Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Extended version?!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by BC, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. BC

    BC Guest

    Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
    with it.

    Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
    film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
    Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
    looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
    very unrealistic IMO.

    The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
    the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
    parts...

    What a waste of money!

    Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

    <=[BC]=>
    BC, Aug 12, 2003

  2. BC

    Venger Guest

    "BC" <> wrote in message
    > Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
    > with it.
    >
    > Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
    > film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
    > Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
    > looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
    > very unrealistic IMO.
    >
    > The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
    > the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
    > parts...
    >
    > What a waste of money!
    >
    > Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

    There are usually reasons why a movie scene gets cut... case and point are
    those in Robin Hood...

    The ONLY reason I got it is because I refuse to buy the flipper version...

    Venger
    Venger, Aug 12, 2003

  3. BC

    Mike Jackson Guest

    > Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
    > with it.
    >
    > Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
    > film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
    > Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
    > looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
    > very unrealistic IMO.
    >
    > The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
    > the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
    > parts...
    >
    > What a waste of money!
    >
    > Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

    On the flip side, you get more of the best thing about the movie: Alan
    Rickman.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com