    error or a problem with my individual disk. If this defect is present in
    thousands of disks, there is no point in exchanging it right away.

    There are absolutely no visible surface blemishes.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Scot Gardner wrote:

    > The glitch occurs during playback of "Glorious Technicolor", which is on
    > disk 2.
    >
    > On my copy, at 16 seconds into the presentation, when Esther Williams
    > says the word "Technicolor", there is a slight, one frame picture
    > disruption with minor pixelation and an audible "scratch" noise. So far,
    > this is the only flaw that I have found on the disk.
    >
    > Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just wondering if this is a mastering
    > error or a problem with my individual disk. If this defect is present in
    > thousands of disks, there is no point in exchanging it right away.
    >
    > There are absolutely no visible surface blemishes.

    Are you ever going to find something productive to do?

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.
    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Matthew, you beat me to it. Scot, you are unbelievable. A ONE FRAME
    glitch on the extras disc? You give anal a whole new meaning. And your
    header doesn't say possible glitch on the Glorious Technicolor doc, it
    says ROBIN HOOD: Possible Glitch, which would lead any reasonable person
    to look at this thread thinking there might be a glitch on Robin Hood.
    But you knew that, didn't you? I honestly think you get a kick out of
    being such a fool.
    Brockhurst Pertwee, Oct 1, 2003
  4. anyone have trouble with the sound not being very loud, no matter how high you
    turn it up?
    Thursdaynighters, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Scot Gardner

    Paul Guest

    My copy stars Richard Greene as Robin Hood, not Errol Flynn. Does anyone
    else's?

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 1, 2003
  6. >The glitch occurs during playback of "Glorious Technicolor", which is on
    >disk 2.
    >
    >On my copy, at 16 seconds into the presentation, when Esther Williams
    >says the word "Technicolor", there is a slight, on

    SNIP

    First off, the problem doesn't occur with the movie and only happens on one
    frame. This is a very trivial instance, although I admit that I would find the
    condition unacceptable myself. That is, if this condition is constantly and
    consistently repeatable on more than one player.

    However, I wouldn't go on asking other people about it if I were in this
    situation, much less waste bandwidth with a question. What I would do in this
    case is simply return the disc and get an exchange. You might have simply got
    one disc that was screwed up, however minor the problem may be.

    Just take it back to the store and get a new copy. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Brockhurst Pertwee" <> wrote in message
    <<Matthew, you beat me to it. Scot, you are unbelievable. A ONE FRAME
    glitch on the extras disc? You give anal a whole new meaning. And your
    header doesn't say possible glitch on the Glorious Technicolor doc, it
    says ROBIN HOOD: Possible Glitch, which would lead any reasonable person
    to look at this thread thinking there might be a glitch on Robin Hood.
    But you knew that, didn't you? I honestly think you get a kick out of
    being such a fool.>>

    No, the movie disk seems to be completely free from defects. The extras
    disk is part of the total package. If I had said that the glitch
    occurred on the extras disk, would you have skipped over my post?

    It wasn't the ONE FRAME glitch on the extras disk that caught my
    attention, it was the audible "scratch" noise. After hearing the noise,
    I went back and checked the video one frame at a time. I then played it
    a couple to times at normal speed and the error was consistent.

    All I was asking is if there are other disks with the same defect. So
    far, nobody has had the courage to check this out and post the result.
    Maybe you're right. Maybe nobody plays the extras disks, anyway.

    On my copy, at 16 seconds into the "Glorious Technicolor" presentation,
    Scot Gardner, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message

    Scot Gardner wrote:
    > The glitch occurs during playback of "Glorious Technicolor", which
    > is on disk 2.
    >
    > On my copy, at 16 seconds into the presentation, when Esther
    > Williams says the word "Technicolor", there is a slight, one frame
    > picture disruption with minor pixelation and an audible "scratch"
    > noise. So far, this is the only flaw that I have found on the disk.
    >
    > Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just wondering if this is a
    > mastering error or a problem with my individual disk. If this defect
    > is present in thousands of disks, there is no point in exchanging it
    > right away.
    >
    > There are absolutely no visible surface blemishes.

    <<Are you ever going to find something productive to do?>>

    <<Matthew>>

    What are you getting at? This is a DVD newsgroup and my post was
    DVD-related.

    Perhaps you have forgotten that it was a little over a year ago that you
    posted this bullshit:

    Subject: Since every thing is on topic in this newsgroup
    Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:46 PM
    Topic: ice cube trays.

    Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:56 PM
    Topic: 1990 Ford F250.

    Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:24 PM
    Topic: horse manure.

    Subject: Since everyting is on topic in this newsgroup
    Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:26 PM
    Topic: condensation in basement.

    Subject: Since everything is on topic on this newsgroup
    Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:32 PM
    Topic: cream sauces.

    Oh, wait, I forgot. You weren't using reverse psychology, you were
    employing a brilliantly-effective bitch-slap technique.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 2, 2003
  9. Scot Gardner wrote:
    > "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Scot Gardner wrote:
    >
    >>The glitch occurs during playback of "Glorious Technicolor", which
    >>is on disk 2.
    >>
    >>On my copy, at 16 seconds into the presentation, when Esther
    >>Williams says the word "Technicolor", there is a slight, one frame
    >>picture disruption with minor pixelation and an audible "scratch"
    >>noise. So far, this is the only flaw that I have found on the disk.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just wondering if this is a
    >>mastering error or a problem with my individual disk. If this defect
    >>is present in thousands of disks, there is no point in exchanging it
    >>right away.
    >>
    >>There are absolutely no visible surface blemishes.

    > <<Are you ever going to find something productive to do?>>
    >
    > <<Matthew>>
    >
    > What are you getting at? This is a DVD newsgroup and my post was
    > DVD-related.
    >
    > Perhaps you have forgotten that it was a little over a year ago that you
    > posted this bullshit:
    >
    > Subject: Since every thing is on topic in this newsgroup
    > Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:46 PM
    > Topic: ice cube trays.
    >
    > Subject: Since everything is on topic in this newsgroup
    > Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:56 PM
    > Topic: 1990 Ford F250.
    >
    > Subject: Since everything is on topic in this newsgroup
    > Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:24 PM
    > Topic: horse manure.
    >
    > Subject: Since everyting is on topic in this newsgroup
    > Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:26 PM
    > Topic: condensation in basement.
    >
    > Subject: Since everything is on topic on this newsgroup
    > Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:32 PM
    > Topic: cream sauces.
    >
    > Oh, wait, I forgot. You weren't using reverse psychology, you were
    > employing a brilliantly-effective bitch-slap technique.

    Why do you insist on proving that you have a lot of time on your hands
    and no clue as to how to use it for a productive purpose?

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 2, 2003
  10. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Paul wrote:

    > My copy stars Richard Greene as Robin Hood, not Errol Flynn. Does anyone
    > else's?

    No, but I was wondering, is Errol Flynn *supposed* to look like a fox?

    swac
    And I had no idea there were musical numbers in this.
    Stephen Cooke, Oct 4, 2003
  11. Scot Gardner

    anthony Guest

    My three-DVD set is in black and white, so I presume this new edition
    everyone's raving about has been colourised.
    Everyone knows that Lew Grade of ITV refused to shoot Robin Hood in
    colour because he couldn't see a commercial future in the project. It
    was a decision he rued most bitterly.
    Anyway, I'm really happy with my Region 2 B and W set.
    And yes, Robin Hood is most definitely played Richard Greene -- I've
    seen this Errol Flynn attribution before but I think it's an urban
    legend.
    anthony, Oct 5, 2003
  12. Scot Gardner

    JohnW248 Guest

    It's on mine as well.
    JohnW248, Oct 5, 2003
  13. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "JohnW248" <> wrote in message
    regarding the _Robin Hood_ supplementary disk:

    << <<On my copy, at 16 seconds into the presentation, when Esther
    Williams says the word "Technicolor", there is a slight, one frame
    picture disruption with minor pixelation and an audible "scratch" noise.
    So far, this is the only flaw that I have found on the disk.>> >>

    > It's on mine as well.

    Thank you for your reply. You see the types of responses that I got to
    my simple question.

    I kind of suspected that this was a mastering error that affected more
    than just my copy. (Actually, I played a rental copy at a video store,
    and it did exactly the same thing.)

    It's such a hassle unwrapping those Warner DVD sets, that I didn't want
    to exchange the _Robin Hood_ if there was reason to believe that lots of
    the disks have this error.

    If you hadn't read my post regarding the _Robin Hood_ glitch, would you
    have considered exchanging your copy? There doesn't seem to be any point
    in exchanging it now that we know the error has been found on at least 3
    copies.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 5, 2003

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 6, 2003
  15. Scot Gardner

    > Why do you insist on proving that you have a lot of time on your hands
    > an(d) no clue as to how to use it for a productive purpose?
    >
    > Matthew

    Which of us is the least productive? According to you, I make idiotic
    posts. Even though you are fully aware that my posts will annoy you, you
    continue to read my posts and then comment on them.

    Apparently, you missed one of my least productive posts where I detailed
    how to find the Easter Eggs on _Fargo_:

    Tuesday, September 30, 2003 7:15 PM
    Subject: FARGO: Easter Eggs.

    What a waste of time that was. I searched out all of the menus, found
    the Easter Eggs and then posted the results.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 6, 2003
  16. JohnW248 <> wrote:

    [A/V glitch 0h0m16s into "Glorious Technicolor" doc on Disc Two]
    > It's on mine as well.

    And mine. Bit startling on first viewing.

    Does anyone have a copy that *doesn't* have the glitch?

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
    Douglas Bailey, Oct 6, 2003
  17. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Douglas Bailey" <> wrote in message
    > JohnW248 <> wrote:
    >
    > [A/V glitch 0h0m16s into "Glorious Technicolor" doc on Disc Two]
    > > It's on mine as well.

    > And mine. Bit startling on first viewing.
    >
    > Does anyone have a copy that *doesn't* have the glitch?
    >
    > doug

    Yeah. Hearing "Techi !!!SNAP!!! color" will get your attention every
    time. I think that this defect will be present on lots of disks. It's
    comforting to know that I am not suffering alone.

    I think the two posters who originally ridiculed me (one said that I
    lack productivity skills and the other said that I give anal a whole new
    meaning) are still waiting for their "Warner Legends" box sets to
    arrive.

    As for the others who made light of my post, if they have the disk, I
    hope that they will play the affected part and report their findings.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 6, 2003
  18. Scot Gardner

    JohnW248 Guest

    In article <20031005181731.059$>, "Scot Gardner"
    <> writes:

    >If you hadn't read my post regarding the _Robin Hood_ glitch, would you
    >have considered exchanging your copy? There doesn't seem to be any point
    >in exchanging it now that we know the error has been found on at least 3
    >copies.

    Don't exchange it, sure looks like a hit on the master tape (probably D1) and
    unless they scrub it in editing it's gonna be there for a long long time.

    John
    JohnW248, Oct 6, 2003

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 19, 2003