    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 6, 2006

  2. Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:

    >Anyone got any experience working with roaming profiles that go between
    >x86 and x64?

    Has nobody done this?

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 9, 2006

  3. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    John Barnes Guest

    I recall a few early posters who mentioned installing Office on x86 and
    accessing it from x64. Personally I only use Word and have it installed on
    both systems. I have only one program at present which will not install on
    x64 but works fine from x86 (though only one the x32 IE).

    John Barnes, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Roaming profiles really should be for at least similar hardware - given the
    differences here, I wouldn't recommend it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 10, 2006
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >Roaming profiles really should be for at least similar hardware - given
    >the differences here, I wouldn't recommend it.

    The installed applications are the same - the only difference is that it
    happens to be the x64 version of Windows on the TS versus XP Pro on the
    workstations.

    So much for the x86 backward compatibility - perhaps MS should have done
    the PF split the other way around - PF for x86 and PF(x64) for x64...

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 10, 2006
  6. Yes, I've often wondered why they made that choice. I'm sure there was a
    reason that seemed valid at the time. But it has been the source of a good
    bit of pain. Right up there with putting the 64bit code in System32 and the
    32bit in SysWOW64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64