roaming profile

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by bhasker srivastava, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. I have installed a windows 2003 server and make it a domain controller. Then
    i have followed all required steps for create roaming profile (shared folder,
    users profile path etc)

    Actual problem is coming when I am logging in client PC. Client has windows
    XP professional and its in domain.

    After giving the username and passwords its giving following errors:

    User environment:
    Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is
    attempting to log you on with your local profile...........
    Possible causes of this error include problem or insufficient security
    rights. If this problem persists...........

    it was coming with a timer of 20-25 seconds

    After that one more error is coming like :

    User environment:
    Windows cannot find the local profile and is loging you on with a temporary
    profile. Changes you make to the profile will be lost when you log off.

    Please tell me the solution....

    --
    bhasker

    bhasker srivastava, Apr 5, 2008

  2. "bhasker srivastava" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I have installed a windows 2003 server and make it a domain controller.
    >Then
    > i have followed all required steps for create roaming profile (shared
    > folder,
    > users profile path etc)
    >
    > Actual problem is coming when I am logging in client PC. Client has
    > windows
    > XP professional and its in domain.
    >
    > After giving the username and passwords its giving following errors:
    >
    > User environment:
    > Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is
    > attempting to log you on with your local profile...........
    > Possible causes of this error include problem or insufficient security
    > rights. If this problem persists...........
    >
    > it was coming with a timer of 20-25 seconds
    >
    > After that one more error is coming like :
    >
    > User environment:
    > Windows cannot find the local profile and is loging you on with a
    > temporary
    > profile. Changes you make to the profile will be lost when you log off.

    Check network connectivity between client and file server share.
    Check permissions on server (ntfs and share), so they match Microsoft's
    requirements.
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...dc34-40b6-b1cd-426bb3263e101033.mspx?mfr=true

    Henrik Johansson, Apr 5, 2008

  3. bhasker srivastava

    Edo Guest

    Hi,

    Same happened to me when trying to do what the MS press book practice
    suggests,

    I noticed that in my case, I was typing the raoming profile path incorrectly
    in the AD profile tab for the user(s) you want to apply te roaming profile.
    Make sure, as suggested by Henrik that the computer is really connected to
    the domain, once you verify that do make sure the path specified in the
    server Shared folder that contains the profile is the same in the "path" for
    the users profile and lastly make sure the proper Share and NTFS permissions
    are ok so that user can use the profile, I would suggest allwoing full shared
    permissions and proper NTFS permissions . That should be enough for the
    profile to be loaded, obviously, you have to have to profile loaded in the
    mentioned shared folder.

    -Edo

    Edo, Apr 14, 2008