    the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
    issue of static?

    Can anybody please help me??
    Leo9, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Leo9

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <> wrote:

    >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
    >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
    >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
    >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
    >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
    >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
    >issue of static?

    How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
    ago.
    Evan Platt, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Leo9

    Leo9 Guest

    Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?

    Leo9, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Leo9

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 2 Aug 2006 14:07:07 -0700, "Leo9" <> wrote:

    >Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?

    Trashed it. Had too many problems. 6 years old? That's pushing it for
    a laptop :)
    Evan Platt, Aug 2, 2006
  5. Leo9

    Michael Guest

    "Leo9" <> wrote in message
    > Almost 6 years old...what did you do with yours?
    >
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
    >> >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
    >> >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
    >> >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
    >> >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
    >> >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
    >> >issue of static?

    >> How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
    >> ago.

    I've got/had the same problem with my laptop, a dell latitude IIRC. For me a
    whack from the sides sorts it out :)

    Michael
    Michael, Aug 3, 2006
  6. Leo9

    Dirk Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 2 Aug 2006 14:02:48 -0700, "Leo9" <> wrote:
    >
    > >My mouse pointer on my screen keeps floating around and its difficult
    > >to control. I have a Dell laptop with a touchpad, so no real mouse per
    > >se. Sometimes its normal, sometimes its moving slowly but I can still
    > >work, other times it just hides in the corner. If I take the computer
    > >to another room sometimes it helps, but I can't keep doing that (I'm in
    > >the middle of PhD exams and need to be pretty stationary). Is it an
    > >issue of static?

    > How old is the laptop? I had that issue with an acer notebook eons
    > ago.

    I have the same problem with my inspiron, trust me it will get worse.
    The problem is that your touchpad is failing and it is conflicting with
    your mouse, you need to go in the bios and change the setting for just
    a mouse not mouse/pad.
    Dirk, Aug 3, 2006