    using a any special driver and i just have a regular optical mouse,
    any suggestions on how i can get this to stop?

    Mike
    Mike, May 10, 2005

  2. Mike wrote:
    > I am using windows xp and sometimes when i point the mouse at
    > something on the screen it keeps moving, ususlly up and to the left a
    > little bit, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, i am not
    > using a any special driver and i just have a regular optical mouse,
    > any suggestions on how i can get this to stop?
    >
    > Mike

    Install Service Pak 2. It will deal with all your mice annoyances.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 10, 2005

  3. Mike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Keep your hand on it. All optical mice do that depending on what type of
    surface it is on.

    pcbutts1, May 10, 2005
  4. Its SP2 that does it.

    Prima Ballerina on a Spring Afternoon, May 11, 2005
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    are you saying that sp2 makes the mouse do that?

    Mike, May 11, 2005
  6. Mike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    SP2 has nothing to do with it. It is most likely your mouse pad. The optical
    mouse actually uses a tiny camera to take about 1,500 pictures every second.
    Able to work on almost any surface except mirrors, the mouse has a small,
    red light-emitting diode (LED) that bounces light off that surface onto a
    (CMOS) sensor. The CMOS sensor sends each image to a digital signal
    processor (DSP) for analysis. The DSP is able to detect patterns in the
    images and see how those patterns have moved since the previous image. Based
    on the change in patterns over a sequence of images, the DSP determines how
    far the mouse has moved and sends the corresponding coordinates to the
    computer. The computer moves the cursor on the screen based on the
    coordinates received from the mouse. This happens hundreds of times each
    second, making the cursor appear to move very smoothly. Light refractions,
    shadows, or anything different that the LED bounces off, even while sitting
    still will cause it to move. Try putting it on a different surface.

    pcbutts1, May 11, 2005
  7. Mike wrote:

    > I am using windows xp and sometimes when i point the mouse at
    > something on the screen it keeps moving, ususlly up and to the left a
    > little bit, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, i am not
    > using a any special driver and i just have a regular optical mouse,
    > any suggestions on how i can get this to stop?

    If it's a wireless one, try change the batteries or recharge the accus.
    Also, changing the surface it's working on, to something with a nice
    optical structure, might help.

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, May 11, 2005
  8. Mike

    x@y Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >I am using windows xp and sometimes when i point the mouse at
    > something on the screen it keeps moving, ususlly up and to the left a
    > little bit, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, i am not
    > using a any special driver and i just have a regular optical mouse,
    > any suggestions on how i can get this to stop?
    >
    > Mike

    Hi Mike,

    After You have tried all the above advices, if the problem
    persists look for an upgrade for Your Mouse Driver.

    My Mouse was doing the same thing when visiting a certain
    Websites, I have upgraded the driver and the problem was solved.
    Reinstalling the same old Driver did not help me either.

    Good Luck, x@y.
    x@y, May 11, 2005
  9. Mike

    doS Guest

    Wrong, SP2 does have something to do with it. I use SP1 because of this
    issue. Go educate yourself.
    Wanna bet the OP has SP2 before I ask????

    doS, May 12, 2005
  10. Mike

    doS Guest

    I bet you have SP2, correct?