    7420 Eaton Lane
    Greendale, Wi 53129

    414-421-4896

    Robert Huebner, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Robert Huebner

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, boy, where *do* they come from?

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:31:40 GMT, in
    <BCE20B1B.29D9%>
    Robert Huebner scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Robert Huebner

    -Lone_Wolf- Guest

    Robert Huebner wrote:
    > I have received no e-mail for 2 weeks. This is not
    > the usual situation.
    > Also, a menue keeps poping up with some kind of error
    > message telling me Road Runner has timed out. I doubt
    > whether any of my e-mail notes have gone out.
    > Please help;

    Dear Sir

    The Roadrunner is gone, after 35 years of trying to get this annoying bird I
    have finally succeeded!

    Regards

    Wile E. Coyote

    2 weeks and you have not contacted your ISP to confirm your settings?

    Many years ago my ISP used to allow "Mail" as the server name. Somewhere
    along the way they changed this so you had to have the correct server name
    locally... unfortunately they did not tell anybody before the change was
    made.

    -Lone_Wolf-, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Robert Huebner

    anthonyberet Guest

    In Usenet post: ,
    °Mike° went on and on and on:
    > Oh, boy, where *do* they come from?

    Wisconsin?

    anthonyberet, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Robert Huebner

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away Robert Huebner was alleged to have
    said:

    > I have received no e-mail for 2 weeks. This is not
    > the usual situation.
    > Also, a menue keeps poping up with some kind of error
    > message telling me Road Runner has timed out. I doubt
    > whether any of my e-mail notes have gone out.
    > Please help;
    >
    > Robert Huebner
    >

    > 7420 Eaton Lane
    > Greendale, Wi 53129
    >

    > 414-421-4896

    I would highly recommend not posting your clear email address or your
    address & phone number in an open newsgroup. You are asking to be
    spammed to death (assuming you get your mail working).

    I would suggest you contact Roadrunner tech support. They should be able
    to quickly walk you through a solution to your problem. Best guess is
    that you have the mailserver entered incorrectly. Since outgoing &
    incoming mail are generally handled by different servers your outgoing
    mail could very well be working properly.

    DT, Jun 2, 2004