    Messages:
    96
    I have a WD HD for RMA and I thought I have to wait a week for an advance replacement and now I get an email telling me I might have to wait another 2 weeks!?!? WTF this makes me upset about WD. Why the hell did I buy from them. I should have gotten a Seagate or Maxtor damnit. Only one year warrenty but I think Maxtor has 3 years and Seagate has 5 years.
    werty316, Jun 29, 2005

  2. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I've had pretty good luch with WD lately, both my A64 rigs are running WD SATA HD and I haven't had a problem yet...........Knocks on wood..........;)
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 29, 2005

  3. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    really, when I rma my hd to WD, it's really fast, like within a week, i got my replacement. is the hd special or what?
    PUTALE, Jun 29, 2005
  4. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    No it just one of those SE Caviar HDs and I got an email today saying there is a delay in the shipment for my replacement HD. I could wait upto 2 weeks now. :evil: They should conpensate me by giving me a 160gig or 200gig for such a long wait. First it has a SMART failure and now upto 2 weeks more of waiting. I have waited a week already. This is my first experience with WD and I am not happy.
    werty316, Jun 30, 2005
  5. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    That would really piss me off also, I hate waiting for things.............:(
    As for Seagate, I really like their HD also, very quiet drives. Although I have not used any of their SATA drives yet, maybe one of these days I'll get lucky though.
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  6. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    that's intersting. You didn't ask them to ship the hd first then you return the hd? I thought you can do that, that way you will get the hd before you ship your hd (i usually do this way).
    I had to deal with WD befor and it's fast, I can't belive it's so slow for you.
    PUTALE, Jun 30, 2005
  7. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    never RMA Skt A board tooo ASUS, they actually send them to Asia to repair them... i did and i waited 3 nilly 4 months!!!!
    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  8. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Actually that is exactly what I did. I RMA'd for an advance HD so I can get the new one and then send the crapped one out when I have transfered all the files over.
    werty316, Jun 30, 2005
  9. werty316

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Ya that sucks about most things in computers.. their made ins Asia and its the only place to repair them.
    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  10. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yes but asus had it sitting there for 1 month... DAM LAZY PPL!
    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  11. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Whoa 1 month damn! Good thing I don't plan on getting an ASUS mobo anytime soon and will probably never will now know they are only made in Asia ouch!
    werty316, Jun 30, 2005
  12. werty316

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Almost all mobo's are made in Asia its just cheeper for them to export it form there.. so don't be jumping the gun yet.
    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  13. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    and they said that it will take them 1 month, that's too long. they should send a replacement soon plus if that one is not in stock, they should just replace a better one. Weird how WD's service has gotten so bad.
    PUTALE, Jun 30, 2005
  14. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    my situation is actually probably common...
    I sent back my mobo... (only because its ghay)
    they said we are going to send it to asia to fix (i said can't u give me a new one?, then i rememberd socket A whent boom!)
    and then it took them a month to send it.
    And then i recieved it 2 months after that!
    unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  15. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    wow, I have no idea that asus's rma is so bad. 2 month that's just unacceptable.
    PUTALE, Jul 1, 2005
  16. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yep... they suck!!! (and there not so great in the Products ability part ether)
    unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  17. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    I guess sometimes you get shafted. I would like something for compensation but they would think I am crazy. Even if I get mad and yell at them I about they would do anything. Anyone think I should email them and ask for compensation?
    werty316, Jul 1, 2005
  18. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    well, I think you should ask them to upgrade the hd or ship whatever they have available, told them that you need the hd NOW.
    PUTALE, Jul 1, 2005
  19. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    hehe I think I will ask them as 1 freakin month is retarded and as long as it is 120gig or higher and it has to be a SE Cavier series. Not good PR in my view. I can see them all now sitting drinking coffee while they laugh at me because I have to wait 1 month. haha very funny mf. suck it!
    werty316, Jul 1, 2005
  20. werty316

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    1 month IS too long. Ususually they will give you something equal or better when RMA, just be firm and tell them that you really need the system to work.
    PUTALE, Jul 2, 2005