    --
    Cheers!

    Peter.

    Peter X, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    Peter X wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got my new Linksys PAP2 today and have got it working with Sipgate.
    > However, my phone doesn't ring.
    >
    > I ordered my PAP2 along with a Belkin F8V031 from Broadbandbuyer, but I
    > presume the Belkin doesn't include a ring capacitor?
    >
    > So, do I need to order a different RJ11 to BT adaptor _or_ is there a
    > setting on the PAP2 that will enable ringing?

    I'd left the ringer switched off.

    [ahem]

    It still didn't work with just the Belkin though. I had to also plug a
    spare ADSL filter between the Belkin and the phone, and *now* my phone
    rings!

    So my next question is.... how can I make the ring sound more like a
    normal UK ring tone?

    Peter X, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Peter X

    Jono Guest

    "Peter X" <> wrote in message

    > So my next question is.... how can I make the ring sound more like a
    > normal UK ring tone?

    Regional settings need adjusting.

    Have a look at www.voxilla.com, go into the Hardware forums & search for
    Regional Settings (or variations)

    Jono, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    Re: PAP2 / Sipura UK ring-ring!

    Jono wrote:
    > "Peter X" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>So my next question is.... how can I make the ring sound more like a
    >>normal UK ring tone?

    > Regional settings need adjusting.
    >
    > Have a look at www.voxilla.com, go into the Hardware forums & search for
    > Regional Settings (or variations)

    Thanks for the Jono!

    For the benefit of anyone else, I found this page:
    http://voxilla.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2963&highlight=ring uk

    ....that contains a skip-load of settings, none of which I understand!
    However, I was able to set my ringer to sound like a uk "ring-ring" by
    going into Regional settings, Distinctive Ring Patterns, and changing
    Ring1 Cadence from "60(2/4)" to "60(.4/.2,.4/2)".

    Before I start noodling around with any other settings, can anyone
    confirm if it is easy to reset the PAP2 back to factory defaults? The
    manual mentions it, but says you need a code from your service provider!

    --
    Peter.

    Peter X, Sep 21, 2005
  5. On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:00:38 +0100, Peter X <>
    wrote:

    >I ordered my PAP2 along with a Belkin F8V031 from Broadbandbuyer, but I
    >presume the Belkin doesn't include a ring capacitor?

    I sent them a pre-sales enquiry with that very question, and they
    referred it for testing to find the answer.

    I took it as a "no" and looks like you've confirmed it. Solwise do one
    and there's another mentioned in a review of the PAP2 at
    broadbandbuyer.

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Sep 21, 2005

    https://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=102&products_id=679

    Mike @ www.zd8i.net, Sep 21, 2005
  7. Peter X

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <Mike @ www.zd8i.net> wrote in message
    > Peter X <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > So, do I need to order a different RJ11 to BT adaptor
    > > _or_ is there a setting on the PAP2 that will enable
    > > ringing?

    > https://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=102&products_id=679

    That's a good price, Maplins want about 6 quid for 'em..!

    Having said that, most ATA's bought in the UK should have one or two in
    the box..? They always have with me, except when I bought a Sipura 2000 in
    the US of course.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 21, 2005
  8. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    >>https://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=102&products_id=679

    > That's a good price, Maplins want about 6 quid for 'em..!

    It is! And it looks like I could get one posted for 50p.

    > Having said that, most ATA's bought in the UK should have one or two in
    > the box..? They always have with me, except when I bought a Sipura 2000 in
    > the US of course.

    Not the PAP2 I just bought which is offically a PAP2-EU, and the box is
    labeled PAP2-EU, but the unit itself is labeled PAP2-NA, and the PSU is
    a weird one that comes with two separate snap-in power connectors; one
    for UK and one (presumably) for Europe.

    It looks like a rapidly cobbled together effort for the European market
    using existing parts, rather than a well thought out package.

    That said, it is cheap and it does work.... once you get the right phone
    connector! I *am* happy with it. :D

    --
    Peter.

    Peter X, Sep 22, 2005