    - What is the RJ14 for ???

    Thanks in advance

    Stephane
    Stephane M, Jun 19, 2005

  2. In article <d93poj$km6$1$>,
    "Stephane M" <> writes:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Very quick questions : (may be some of you guys, can answer me..)
    > I wish to make some RJ11 cable by myself. (I would need 2 extensions of > 20
    > meters for my future ATA ! .. (as I do it with RJ45 cables)
    >
    > I did look on a schematic for the RJ11 on the web
    > and I am surprised to see an RJ11/RJ14 with 6 cables!?! (I thought it was 4
    > !?

    RJ11 is just a connector AFAIK. There's a series, which from memory
    looks like:

    RJ10 4 contact connector.
    RJ11 6 contact connector with only middle 4 contacts fitted
    RJ12 Same as RJ11, but all 6 contacts fitted.
    RJ45 8 contact connector.

    > - Is there any Standard wiring for RJ11 ?
    > - What is the RJ14 for ???

    Not heard of it, but a quick grock on google and it looks like
    it's the same connector as RJ11, referred to as RJ11 if only
    middle pair used, and RJ14 if outer pair of the 4 contacts also
    used.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 19, 2005

  3. On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:51:54 +0100, "Stephane M" <>
    wrote:

    >- Is there any Standard wiring for RJ11 ?

    in the US the centre two pins are used for 1-line phone systems, the
    next pair out for 2-line and the 3rd pair for 3 line.

    So you can have a single socket serving up to 3 lines. My 2-line phone
    can run off one socket or two separate ones.

    >- What is the RJ14 for ???

    6 wires. There's only one plug involved here, the numbers you quote
    refer to how its being used.

    http://www.answers.com/topic/registered-jack
    http://www.bnoack.com/index.html?http&&&www.bnoack.com/data/cables/RJ_types.html

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jun 19, 2005