    easy to set up in Hyperterm on Windows XP. How do you communicate via the
    console with the RJ-45 to RJ-45 cables they now supply?

    Thanks.

    A Sharp, Jun 12, 2006

  2. A Sharp

    A Sharp Guest

    "A Sharp" <> wrote in message
    news:qXgjg.12192$...
    > Most 1601R's I've received have the RJ-45 to Serial 9 connectors, which
    > are easy to set up in Hyperterm on Windows XP. How do you communicate via
    > the console with the RJ-45 to RJ-45 cables they now supply?

    OK, a serial converter came in the box and that solved my problem. But all
    of the other routers come with a console cable as I described above. Is the
    console cable RJ45 to RJ45 for remote management via the network?

    A Sharp, Jun 12, 2006

  3. A Sharp

    thrill5 Guest

    You have it backwards. The RJ45 cable with the converter was the original
    packaging. The RJ45 with the DB9 attached at the other end has only been
    out a year or two.

    Scott

    thrill5, Jun 13, 2006