    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3548503

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Chris

    Max Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:16:05 GMT, Chris <> wrote:

    >"Pressure is mounting on Communications Minister Paul Swain to reject a
    >surprise Commerce Commission recommendation not to fully open Telecom's
    >copper line network to competitors" Suprise Suprise
    >
    >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3548503

    Unfortionately they are a little slow off the mark. Why weren't they
    doing it maonths ago.

    Max, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Chris

    Howard Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:37:36 +1300, Max wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:16:05 GMT, Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Pressure is mounting on Communications Minister Paul Swain to reject a
    >>surprise Commerce Commission recommendation not to fully open Telecom's
    >>copper line network to competitors" Suprise Suprise
    >>
    >>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3548503

    > Unfortionately they are a little slow off the mark. Why weren't they
    > doing it maonths ago.

    No doubt they were. But Swain probably gave them the reply that he gave to
    me - "just give the commisioner time to do his job".

    From his tone, I took it that Swain expected the report to fully
    endorse unbundling. There might be a chance left yet that Swain with
    ingore (or betterm sack!) the commisioner and unbundle anyway.

    Howard, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Chris

    steve Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > "Pressure is mounting on Communications Minister Paul Swain to reject a
    > surprise Commerce Commission recommendation not to fully open Telecom's
    > copper line network to competitors" Suprise Suprise
    >
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3548503

    Chris Barton's article in the NZ Herald yesterday was fairly damning of both
    the Commissioner and his report.

    Well worth a read.

    steve, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Chris

    steve Guest

    Max wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:16:05 GMT, Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Pressure is mounting on Communications Minister Paul Swain to reject a
    >>surprise Commerce Commission recommendation not to fully open Telecom's
    >>copper line network to competitors" Suprise Suprise
    >>
    >>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3548503

    > Unfortionately they are a little slow off the mark. Why weren't they
    > doing it maonths ago.

    They were showing faith in the process.

    That the new Telecommunications Commissioner is as useless as the Commerce
    Commission has always been where real competition is concerned, is a matter
    of some considerable disappointment.

    Richard prebble is the leaky gonad that sold the copper. He was warned....as
    were they all.

    steve, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Chris

    steve Guest

    Howard wrote:

    > From his tone, I took it that Swain expected the report to fully
    > endorse unbundling. There might be a chance left yet that Swain with
    > ingore (or betterm sack!) the commisioner and unbundle anyway.

    The problem is likely to be that the Commissioner will be fairly independent
    - just to prevent such meddling.

    We may have to wait for his term to expire.....or he resigns for some other
    reason.

    The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?

    Someone got to him.

    Chris Barton asks some fairly pointed questions in his NZ Herald article.

    steve, Feb 11, 2004
  7. You really must question the competency of Douglas Webb.

    Jed Meisterdude, Feb 11, 2004
  8. Chris

    EMB Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?

    Have a read of todays aardvark. Might it be the reason stated there! Bloody
    Microsoft?
    http://www.aardvark.co.nz

    EMB

    EMB, Feb 11, 2004
  9. On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:24:31 +1300, steve wrote:

    > The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?
    >
    > Someone got to him.

    Indeed. Just as someone got to Swain within a few weeks of Labour getting
    into power.

    Perhaps they used the old mafia mutual tactic - threaten family, etc..

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 11, 2004
  10. Chris

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <0DeWb.23348$>,
    says...
    > Howard wrote:
    >
    > > From his tone, I took it that Swain expected the report to fully
    > > endorse unbundling. There might be a chance left yet that Swain with
    > > ingore (or betterm sack!) the commisioner and unbundle anyway.

    > The problem is likely to be that the Commissioner will be fairly independent
    > - just to prevent such meddling.
    >
    > We may have to wait for his term to expire.....or he resigns for some other
    > reason.
    >
    > The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?
    >
    > Someone got to him.

    No, people made a submission to the report, it's called "democracy" and
    "public consultation".

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004
  11. Chris

    steve Guest

    Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <0DeWb.23348$>,
    > says...
    >> Howard wrote:
    >>
    >> > From his tone, I took it that Swain expected the report to fully
    >> > endorse unbundling. There might be a chance left yet that Swain with
    >> > ingore (or betterm sack!) the commisioner and unbundle anyway.

    >> The problem is likely to be that the Commissioner will be fairly
    >> independent - just to prevent such meddling.
    >>
    >> We may have to wait for his term to expire.....or he resigns for some
    >> other reason.
    >>
    >> The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?
    >>
    >> Someone got to him.

    > No, people made a submission to the report, it's called "democracy" and
    > "public consultation".

    Patrick....don't let your anger at me for constantly making you look like a
    fool get in the way of what should be your better judgement.

    Read Barton's article before you insert your other foot in your already
    grossly over-extended mouth.

    steve, Feb 11, 2004
  12. Chris

    steve Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:24:31 +1300, steve wrote:
    >
    >> The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?
    >>
    >> Someone got to him.

    > Indeed. Just as someone got to Swain within a few weeks of Labour getting
    > into power.
    >
    > Perhaps they used the old mafia mutual tactic - threaten family, etc..

    Photos of both them enjoying the services of a hooker should do it.

    steve, Feb 11, 2004
  13. Chris

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <knhWb.23384$>,
    says...
    > Mainlander wrote:
    >
    > > In article <0DeWb.23348$>,
    > > says...

    > >> The problem is likely to be that the Commissioner will be fairly
    > >> independent - just to prevent such meddling.
    > >>
    > >> We may have to wait for his term to expire.....or he resigns for some
    > >> other reason.
    > >>
    > >> The key is: what or who changed his numbers and his mind?
    > >>
    > >> Someone got to him.

    > > No, people made a submission to the report, it's called "democracy" and
    > > "public consultation".

    > Patrick....don't let your anger at me for constantly making you look like a
    > fool get in the way of what should be your better judgement.
    >
    > Read Barton's article before you insert your other foot in your already
    > grossly over-extended mouth.

    This is your typical arrogant reply to anyone who dares challenge your
    all supreme POV.

    The fact is that the commissioner changed his mind after a process of
    public consultation. To suggest anything else is to enter the realm of
    kook conspiracy theory.

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004
  14. Chris

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <knhWb.23384$>,
    says...

    > Patrick....don't let your anger at me for constantly making you look like a
    > fool get in the way of what should be your better judgement.

    I have no concern what your opinoon of me is. Because I already know
    innately that you are a left wing fool, and nothing on your part can
    change that opinion.

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004
  15. On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:33:09 +1300, steve wrote:

    >> Perhaps they used the old mafia mutual tactic - threaten family, etc..

    > Photos of both them enjoying the services of a hooker should do it.

    Mo readily admitted to hiring hookers (but not for personal pleasure).

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 11, 2004