    TIA

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.
    Ockham's Razor, Oct 18, 2006

  2. Ockham's Razor

    Jack Guest

    Ockham's Razor <> wrote in news:Mencken-
    :

    > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >
    > TIA

    Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
    Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
    from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.
    Jack, Oct 18, 2006

  3. Ockham's Razor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:

    > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >
    > TIA

    I prefer their crackers

    (sorry!) :O)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Oct 18, 2006
  4. Ockham's Razor

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > Ockham's Razor <> wrote in news:Mencken-
    > :
    >
    >> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
    > Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
    > from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

    No nothing about their cameras or on-line ordering from them, but I
    picked up a set of 4 hard to find Sanyo eneloop NiMH's for less than $12
    from a store (Massachusetts). If you do a web check you'll find both
    competitive prices plus some that are plain ridiculous, but nothing cheaper.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Oct 18, 2006
  5. Ockham's Razor

    bmoag Guest

    Ritz is a reliable vendor, period.
    They may not have the best prices but they are a real business and will
    honor their obligations to consumers as much as B&H, Adorama et al.
    bmoag, Oct 18, 2006
  6. It is alleged that Ockham's Razor claimed:

    > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    Not online, but I got my Casio EX-500 at a Ritz mall store a few months
    ago.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Notes on Fortress Construction: 5. Self-destruct mechanisms should
    only be triggerable from the heart of your device/ship/fortress, and
    should implode from the outside rather than explode from the inside.
    Jeffrey Kaplan, Oct 18, 2006
  7. Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Ockham's Razor wrote:
    >
    >>has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    > I prefer their crackers
    >
    > (sorry!) :O)

    Haven't you stayed at their hotel?
    (sorry!) :)
    TheNewsGuy(Mike), Oct 18, 2006
  8. Ockham's Razor

    plb49 Guest

    I have dealt with Ritz for more than 25 years with no problems. I do
    check pricegrabber.com for big items, however, as Ritz's prices are all
    over the spectrum.

    Paul B.

    plb49, Oct 18, 2006
  9. Ockham's Razor

    Dave Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >
    > TIA

    I bought a Nikon EN-EL3e battery from them online just last week. B&H
    and just about everyone else has been constantly out of stock. Cost
    $49.99 plus reasonable shipping with no tax charged. Others who have
    them seem to want "windfall" prices.

    FYI Cameta also had them as of a week and a half ago and they are also
    reliable, though a bit high on their shipping and handling.

    Hope this helps,
    Dave
    Dave, Oct 18, 2006
  10. Ockham's Razor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > >
    > >>has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    > > I prefer their crackers
    > >
    > > (sorry!) :O)

    > Haven't you stayed at their hotel?
    > (sorry!) :)

    No, I heard the staff are all crackers :O)

    Paul Heslop, Oct 18, 2006
  11. Ockham's Razor

    henryp Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > You'd be much better off buying
    > from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

    Thank you.

    Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video, Inc.
    henryp, Oct 18, 2006
  12. Ockham's Razor

    JC Dill Guest

    On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:44:33 -0500, Jack <> wrote:

    >Ockham's Razor <> wrote in news:Mencken-
    >:
    >
    >> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >>
    >> TIA

    >Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
    >Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
    >from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

    Both Ritz and Wolf are good options when you need it today, and
    there's a local store where you can buy it and walk out with it. But
    they are rarely the best option when ordering online. B&H, Adorama
    are your best bets for online orders.

    jc

    ~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA
    JC Dill, Oct 18, 2006
  13. Ockham's Razor

    GregS Guest

    In article <>, JC Dill <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:44:33 -0500, Jack <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ockham's Razor <> wrote in news:Mencken-
    >>:
    >>
    >>> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >>Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
    >>Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
    >>from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

    >Both Ritz and Wolf are good options when you need it today, and
    >there's a local store where you can buy it and walk out with it. But
    >they are rarely the best option when ordering online. B&H, Adorama
    >are your best bets for online orders.

    I was shoppng for a Sony camcorder about 4 years ago. I was looking
    all over the place and the internet. I decided to call a local Ritz. Not only
    did they have 2 instock, but it was the cheapest price around. I think
    the camcorder at the time had been phased out, so some stores like
    Best Buy had none. The new model left out an important feature I needed.
    Video/Audio in/out.

    I admit I have gone to Ritz to audition cameras, then go out
    and buy on the internet. Well it happened in reverse for me one time.

    greg
    GregS, Oct 18, 2006
  14. Ockham's Razor

    Robert Haar Guest

    On 2006/10/17 7:38 PM, "Ockham's Razor" <> wrote:

    > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    I recently got my Nikon 18-200 VR lens through Ritz - list price, ordered at
    a brick-and-mortar store, not on-line. I had to wait 3 months to get it but
    B&H and a couple other on-line stores should the lens as back ordered or out
    of stock the whole time.
    Robert Haar, Oct 19, 2006
  15. In article <C15C371E.1EAA59%>,
    Robert Haar <> wrote:

    > On 2006/10/17 7:38 PM, "Ockham's Razor" <> wrote:
    >
    > > has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    > I recently got my Nikon 18-200 VR lens through Ritz - list price, ordered at
    > a brick-and-mortar store, not on-line. I had to wait 3 months to get it but
    > B&H and a couple other on-line stores should the lens as back ordered or out
    > of stock the whole time.

    Any thoughts on that lens?

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.
    Ockham's Razor, Oct 19, 2006
  16. Ockham's Razor

    Robert Haar Guest

    On 2006/10/18 8:07 PM, "Ockham's Razor" <> wrote:

    > In article <C15C371E.1EAA59%>,
    > Robert Haar <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2006/10/17 7:38 PM, "Ockham's Razor" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

    >> I recently got my Nikon 18-200 VR lens through Ritz - list price, ordered at
    >> a brick-and-mortar store, not on-line. I had to wait 3 months to get it but
    >> B&H and a couple other on-line stores should the lens as back ordered or out
    >> of stock the whole time.

    > Any thoughts on that lens?

    My quick reaction is that is worth the money but you have to recognize that
    it is a compromise. With an 11-to-1 zoom in a compact package, you give up
    some sharpness at both ends of the zoom range. However, it is a very
    convenient all in one. I like it as a general purpose, walking around lens.
    Robert Haar, Oct 19, 2006