    --
    There are no words that can be heard unless someone listens....
    Remove *flaps* to reply

    Backbone, Jun 21, 2006

  2. "Backbone" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone have any issues with Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera or Photo Alley?
    > I have been screwed over i.e. Ritz Camera has made up facts, outright lies
    > and has failed to refund my $1500.00 as promised they are at fault and I
    > was
    > wondering if anyone else had any issues - I have retained a lawyer! I
    > plan
    > to Sue for Consumer Fraud. if anyone would like to join me please
    > contact -
    > e-mail me.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    > person --> Sue Goldsmith!!
    > --
    > There are no words that can be heard unless someone listens....
    > Remove *flaps* to reply

    I once went into Ritz for some odds and ends (slide film for the
    non-digital cameras I had then) and, while chatting with the clerk,
    mentioned that I might be interested in getting into digital photography. I
    wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a whole new system or just buy a digital
    body compatible with the Pentax lenses I already had. When the
    salesmen/clerk told me I couldn't use those lenses with the Pentax, I
    quickly decided I would not be doing business with them in the future.
    Plus, he really had an attitude.

    William Oertell, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Backbone

    Kevin Agard Guest

    I to have been going to Ritz for odds and ends when traveling for years.
    They are fine for that. I've even bought a couple of Quantaray flash
    systems from their store in Roanoke, VA when I needed then in a hurry
    (UPS misplaced/delayed some of my gear). I don't think I'd ever buy a
    camera body or any other higher end equipment from them though.

    The bottom line though is that I always use a credit card on these
    purchases. That way, should all else fail, I always have recourse to a
    charge back by the CC company.

    Kevin Agard, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Backbone

    Guest Guest

    I once worked for Ritz for a very short time. They lie to their employees
    too. The salary plan was totally misrepresented. So I went to work for Wolf
    before Ritz bought them out. It was a great company to work for. Now it's
    garbage. They even bought Cameraworld and destroyed it.
    Old Bob

    Guest, Jun 22, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    "Backbone" <> wrote:

    > Anyone have any issues with Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera or Photo Alley?
    > I have been screwed over i.e. Ritz Camera has made up facts, outright lies
    > and has failed to refund my $1500.00 as promised they are at fault and I was
    > wondering if anyone else had any issues - I have retained a lawyer! I plan
    > to Sue for Consumer Fraud. if anyone would like to join me please contact -
    > e-mail me.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    > person --> Sue Goldsmith!!

    The employees I've met at Ritz/Wolf/whatever haven't known enough about
    photography to willfully lie about anything.

    Me - "Do you have a 68mm circular polarizer?"

    Wolf Camera #1 - "We don't carry those... Wait, what does it look like?"

    Wolf Camera #2 - "If it wasn't circular, how would you screw it on?"

    Wolf Camera #3 - "Yes, we do. See? They're all round."

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 23, 2006
  6. Backbone

    ink Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Backbone" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any issues with Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera or Photo Alley?
    >> I have been screwed over i.e. Ritz Camera has made up facts, outright
    >> lies
    >> and has failed to refund my $1500.00 as promised they are at fault and I
    >> was
    >> wondering if anyone else had any issues - I have retained a lawyer! I
    >> plan
    >> to Sue for Consumer Fraud. if anyone would like to join me please
    >> contact -
    >> e-mail me.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    >> person --> Sue Goldsmith!!

    > The employees I've met at Ritz/Wolf/whatever haven't known enough about
    > photography to willfully lie about anything.
    >
    > Me - "Do you have a 68mm circular polarizer?"
    >
    > Wolf Camera #1 - "We don't carry those... Wait, what does it look like?"
    >
    > Wolf Camera #2 - "If it wasn't circular, how would you screw it on?"
    >
    > Wolf Camera #3 - "Yes, we do. See? They're all round."

    Slightly related... Ritz Camera in Paramus, NJ (or was it somewhere in PA? -
    anyways...)

    Me - "I need a 77mm circular polarizer"

    Ritz - "Whoa... what do you need that for??"

    Me - "My wide-angle has that diameter, so..."

    Ritz - "You should switch to digital, could do it in Photoshop then!"

    Me - <silently leaving>

    Got the polarizer elsewhere...

    Cheers,
    ink

    ink, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Backbone

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article
    <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    Kevin McMurtrie <> wrote:

    > btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    > > person --> Sue Goldsmith!!

    That will surprise David Ritz

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jun 23, 2006
  8. Backbone

    Backbone Guest

    "Bob Salomon" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    > Kevin McMurtrie <> wrote:
    >
    > > btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    > > > person --> Sue Goldsmith!!

    > That will surprise David Ritz

    Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera as well as Photo Alley businesses are all licensed
    to Sue Goldsmith as the business owner!
    I assumed that Sue Goldsmith must also own the businesses as well!

    Backbone, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Backbone

    J. Clarke Guest

    Backbone wrote:

    > "Bob Salomon" <> wrote in message
    >> In article
    >> <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    >> Kevin McMurtrie <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same

    >> That will surprise David Ritz

    > Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera as well as Photo Alley businesses are all
    > licensed to Sue Goldsmith as the business owner!
    > I assumed that Sue Goldsmith must also own the businesses as well!

    Uh, that's the contact. It's a corporation, not a proprietorship, so it
    doesn't have an "owner" per se.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate