    thanks

    --
    Bill Kiene

    Bill Kiene, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Bill Kiene

    GT40 Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:13:38 GMT, "Bill Kiene" <>
    wrote:

    >Ritz retail camera stores have an additional warranty you can purchase for
    >your camera for damage from impact or water.
    >
    >Anyone here had experiense with it?

    No, but then I wouldn't even think of going to Ritz

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Bill Kiene

    Bill Crocker Guest

    It would probably be less expensive to add it, under your homeowners
    insurance. People have been doing this with their laptop computers.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 20, 2004
  4. "GT40" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:13:38 GMT, "Bill Kiene" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ritz retail camera stores have an additional warranty you can purchase for
    >>your camera for damage from impact or water.
    >>
    >>Anyone here had experiense with it?

    > No, but then I wouldn't even think of going to Ritz

    Why not? They sometimes have good prices. Actually, the Ritz stores I am
    thinking of are the former Wolf stores in Atlanta and environs. Ritz
    elsewhere may not be quite the same kind of place.

    Michael A. Covington, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Bill Kiene

    GT40 Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:26:16 -0400, "Michael A. Covington"
    <> wrote:

    >"GT40" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:13:38 GMT, "Bill Kiene" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ritz retail camera stores have an additional warranty you can purchase for
    >>>your camera for damage from impact or water.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone here had experiense with it?

    >> No, but then I wouldn't even think of going to Ritz

    >Why not? They sometimes have good prices. Actually, the Ritz stores I am
    >thinking of are the former Wolf stores in Atlanta and environs. Ritz
    >elsewhere may not be quite the same kind of place.

    High prices, sales people that don't know what they are talking about,
    poor customer service.

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Bill Kiene

    Derf Guest

    Do you remember the SIMPSONS episode where Homer had the crayon rammed
    back into his brain to make him stupid again? Dr. Hebert kept pushing
    and asking Homer questions until Homer said............

    EXTENDED WARRANTY, HOW CAN I LOSE?

    ...thats enough, no need to push it in any further.

    Derf, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Bill Kiene

    Jer Guest

    Derf wrote:

    > Do you remember the SIMPSONS episode where Homer had the crayon rammed
    > back into his brain to make him stupid again? Dr. Hebert kept pushing
    > and asking Homer questions until Homer said............
    >
    > EXTENDED WARRANTY, HOW CAN I LOSE?
    >
    > ..thats enough, no need to push it in any further.

    I didn't think Homer needed any help to be more stupid. :)

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Bill Kiene

    Tony Guest

    Do yourself a favour and don't buy from Ritz at all. They will push their
    own Quantary crap lenses - which are usually rebadged Sigmas without even a
    Sigma guarantee. Everyone's extended warantee is useless.
    Check the prices here (I've been dealing with Adorama since the 80s and
    I'm quite satisfied with them) and you might be able to get the camera with
    a genuine Canon lens for about the same money. Furthermore they won't try to
    ram useless extended warantees, semi-opaque filters, and other junk down
    your throat.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Bill Kiene

    Robert Polk Guest

    While I don't support Ritz (I once worked for them), they probably have the
    most liberal warranty package out there.
    Old Bob the photographer

    Robert Polk, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Bill Kiene

    AustinBoston Guest

    "Bill Kiene" <> wrote in message news:<6Zidd.16263$>...
    > Ritz retail camera stores have an additional warranty you can purchase for
    > your camera for damage from impact or water.
    >
    > Anyone here had experiense with it?

    You'll hear a lot of boo-hoo on extended warranty, but it depends on
    the intended user of the device. I would _never_buy_anyone's_
    extended warranty for items I intend to use myself. But Best-Buy
    extened warranties have replaced:

    * my daughter's camcorder --mechanism jammed (that alone paid for
    every extended warranty we have ever bought)
    * son's gameboy advance --he stepped on it
    * two of our kid's personal CD players --one left in hot car in Death
    Valley in July, the other had a Pepsi spilled in and on it.

    That comes to about 50% of the stuff we've put under extended
    warranties. It might be important to the flame war for me to mention
    that two of our kids are ADD and easily loose track of things. In
    addition, only one (the camcorder) would have been covered under the
    manufacturer's warranty (had it not expired).

    Austin

    AustinBoston, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Bill Kiene

    C J Campbell Guest

    "Bill Kiene" <> wrote in message
    > Ritz retail camera stores have an additional warranty you can purchase for
    > your camera for damage from impact or water.
    >
    > Anyone here had experiense with it?

    Yes. They honor the warranty, if you are extremely patient. It can take up
    to four months for them to decide to repair or replace the camera. Actually,
    I broke my camera, a Minolta A1, in December of last year. I did not get it
    back from Ritz until April. The replacement they sent was defective, so it
    was late June before I had a usable camera again. In that time the value of
    the camera probably drops far more than the cost of the warranty.

    C J Campbell, Oct 20, 2004
  12. Bill Kiene

    Fred B. Guest

    I got my D70 kit from Best Buy. With extended warranty.

    My music hard drive jukebox has been replaced 3 times under their 4 year
    warranty. I just walk in with bad unit and receipt, and walk out with a new
    unit.

    Fred B., Oct 22, 2004