    being present.

    Is there a simulation program that performs the installation?

    thanks.

    JohnSmith1, Sep 15, 2007

  2. JohnSmith1

    John R Guest

    "JohnSmith1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am just trying to find out how a RIS can be praticed without actual
    >server
    > being present.
    >
    > Is there a simulation program that performs the installation?
    >
    > thanks.

    You could setup a virtual pc running server 2003 with RIS. Although I
    certainly don't know everything, I've not heard of any RIS simulators.

    John R

    John R, Sep 16, 2007

  3. JohnSmith1

    Briscobar Guest

    > Although I certainly don't know everything

    I'm sorry John. We are going to need your brain for scientific research
    immediately. You are the last of your breed. The last person on the internet
    who doesn't know everything.

    Briscobar, Sep 17, 2007
  4. JohnSmith1

    daniel333 Guest

    John,

    I just did this the other day. Take a few hours and get yourself
    comfortable with Virtual PC 2007. I have it running 2003, XP and Vista and
    they are all in a domain. Working well. I even did RIS. Tonights project is
    SUS. :)

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

    daniel333, Sep 21, 2007