    Ben

    MCP 70-210
    "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Ben Blackmore

    Neil Guest

    "Ben Blackmore" <> wrote in
    news::

    > We've just got in a load of new HP nx4000 and they do
    > pxe boot, and I'm currently installing win2k on them all! Is this
    > because the network card is built in, and is so considered a PCI NIC?

    no it is because RIS requires PXE. there are plenty of PCI NICs that did
    not support RIS (either thru PXE of the rbfg).

    > If a question should come up in an exam saying "you have a laptop
    > computer and want to use RIS to install win2k, is this possible -
    > yes/no" which would be correct?

    I would go with what the documentation for a product says for the exam
    every single time. MS also said that the IIS4 SMTP service had to be
    installed on an NTFS partition. I have installed it on FAT for sh!ts and
    giggles, but I don't think that'd be something I'd do in real life.
    (well, I don't think I'd use the IIS4 SMTP service for anything in real
    life. there are better SMTP services out there...)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Ben Blackmore

    billyw Guest

    boy u know how to have a laugh

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Ben Blackmore

    Neil Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in news:es2xI0lbEHA.1656
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > boy u know how to have a laugh

    only becuase I was remarkably bored...now I have this bunch to entertain
    me.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Ben Blackmore

    billyw Guest

    here's a bit of idle entertainment..

    did you know... not a lot of people know this... all my customer's backups
    run at 21:12

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  6. billyw wrote:
    > here's a bit of idle entertainment..
    >
    > did you know... not a lot of people know this... all my customer's
    > backups run at 21:12

    A palidromic time, eh? Is that so that the backup will immediately verify
    itself?

    --
    Fris "Or immediately restore itself" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Ben Blackmore

    Neil Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in news:uqMgCAmbEHA.3016
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > 21:12

    nice...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Ben Blackmore

    Neil Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in

    > billyw wrote:
    >> here's a bit of idle entertainment..
    >>
    >> did you know... not a lot of people know this... all my customer's
    >> backups run at 21:12

    > A palidromic time, eh? Is that so that the backup will immediately
    > verify itself?

    no need to rush into why they are set for 2112

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004
  9. Ben Blackmore

    billyw Guest

    no it is far sadder than that...

    and no there aren't any clients called by-tor or the snowdog..
    but in the end i'm only a working man

    see what i did there eh, eh

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  10. Ben Blackmore

    Jtyc Guest

    > here's a bit of idle entertainment..
    >
    > did you know... not a lot of people know this... all my customer's backups
    > run at 21:12

    Did you also setup the admin passwords as "password"?

    That's what I do... in case I forget them.

    Jtyc, Jul 20, 2004
  11. Ben Blackmore

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 20, 2004 "Ben Blackmore" blathered:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000pro/deploy/depopt
    > /ris.mspx

    About the Author

    Mark Minasi, MCSE, is recognized as one of the world's best explainers of
    Windows NT. He teaches Windows NT classes in fifteen countries and is a
    much sought-after speaker at Windows NT conferences, regularly keynoting
    and speaking at the NT Wizards and NT Professionals conferences. He also
    writes three popular columns in Windows NT Magazine, as well as "Eye on the
    Enterprise" in Japan's Nikkei NT magazine. His firm, MR&D, has taught tens
    of thousands of people to design and run Windows NT networks. Among his
    eight other Sybex books are Mastering TCP/IP for NT
    Serverhttp://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0782121233
    &p=technet&s=29736"http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?
    theisbn=0782126065&p=technet&s=29736">
    http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0782126065 which
    has sold a million copies and been translated into twelve languages.

    1999 Sybex Inc. All Rights Reserved.

    We at Microsoft Corporation hope that the information in this work is
    valuable to you. Your use of the information contained in this work,
    however, is at your sole risk. All information in this work is provided "as
    -is", without any warranty, whether express or implied, of its accuracy,
    completeness, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement,
    and none of the third-party products or information mentioned in the work
    are authored, recommended, supported or guaranteed by Microsoft
    Corporation. Microsoft Corporation shall not be liable for any damages you
    may sustain by using this information, whether direct, indirect, special,
    incidental or consequential, even if it has been advised of the possibility
    of such damages. All prices for products mentioned in this document are
    subject to change without notice.

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 20, 2004
  12. Ben Blackmore

    Guest Guest

    you talk 2 much

    Guest, Jul 20, 2004
  13. Ben Blackmore

    billyw Guest

    no no no..
    i always just go with admin or 1234
    otherwise everyone might get locked out...

    see thinking ahead

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  14. Ben Blackmore

    Jtyc Guest

    > no no no..
    > i always just go with admin or 1234
    > otherwise everyone might get locked out...
    > see thinking ahead

    Ah....

    *takes notes*

    Jtyc, Jul 20, 2004
  15. Ben Blackmore

    Neil Guest

    "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> wrote in

    >> no no no..
    >> i always just go with admin or 1234
    >> otherwise everyone might get locked out...
    >> see thinking ahead

    > Ah....
    >
    > *takes notes*

    blank password, no account lockout, password never expires....

    that way I *NEVER* have to think about the passwords...

    I also try to post the admin username and p/w somewhere were everyone can
    see it, so they don't have to come looking for me when they need it...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004
  16. Ben Blackmore

    Doom Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    > >> no no no..
    > >> i always just go with admin or 1234
    > >> otherwise everyone might get locked out...
    > >> see thinking ahead

    > > Ah....
    > >
    > > *takes notes*
    > >

    > blank password, no account lockout, password never expires....
    >
    > that way I *NEVER* have to think about the passwords...
    >
    > I also try to post the admin username and p/w somewhere were everyone can
    > see it, so they don't have to come looking for me when they need it...

    You wouldn't happen to know your IP address right off the top of your head
    would ya? (not that I would do anything with it)

    Doom, Jul 20, 2004
  17. Ben Blackmore

    nerd32768 Guest

    > You wouldn't happen to know your IP address right off the top of your head
    > would ya? (not that I would do anything with it)

    198.81.129.100
    or
    12.110.110.204

    if i were you, i would be careful

    nerd32768, Jul 20, 2004
  18. Ben Blackmore

    Doom Guest

    "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in message
    > > You wouldn't happen to know your IP address right off the top of your

    head
    > > would ya? (not that I would do anything with it)

    > 198.81.129.100
    > or
    > 12.110.110.204
    >
    > if i were you, i would be careful

    Um, that was a joke nerd.

    Doom, Jul 20, 2004
  19. Ben Blackmore

    > > You wouldn't happen to know your IP address right off the top of your

    head
    > > would ya? (not that I would do anything with it)

    > 198.81.129.100
    > or
    > 12.110.110.204
    >
    > if i were you, i would be careful

    I was joking. It's called humor or humour. Not that it was very funny.

    Doom, Jul 20, 2004
  20. Ben Blackmore

    JaR Guest

    Doom wrote:

    > "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in message
    >
    >>>You wouldn't happen to know your IP address right off the top of your

    > head
    >
    >>>would ya? (not that I would do anything with it)

    >>198.81.129.100
    >>or
    >>12.110.110.204
    >>
    >>if i were you, i would be careful