    Pops
    A+
    Network+
    Pops, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Pops

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 22, 2004 "Pops" blathered:

    > I currently use a floppy disk for booting up a pc for Remote Installation
    > Services. From time to time I have a pc that doesn't have a floppy drive.
    > I have tried copying the file from the floppy and burning it to a cd but
    > that doesn't work. Any ideas on how to create a cd that would perform a
    > network boot just like the floppy.

    Please cross-post instead of multi-posting. I already saw this once in the
    Network+ newsgroup.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Pops

    Pops Guest

    How do you cross post? Besides I posted it to MCSE and A-Plus. Maybe I
    should post to Network-Plus as well.

    Pops

    Pops, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Pops

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 22, 2004 "Pops" blathered:

    > How do you cross post? Besides I posted it to MCSE and A-Plus. Maybe I
    > should post to Network-Plus as well.

    Note the Newsgroup line in the headers of this post.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Pops

    Pops Guest

    OK, you win.

    Pops

    Pops, Aug 23, 2004
  6. Pops

    Bill Guest

    Pops wrote:
    > I currently use a floppy disk for booting up a pc for Remote Installation
    > Services. From time to time I have a pc that doesn't have a floppy drive.
    > I have tried copying the file from the floppy and burning it to a cd but
    > that doesn't work. Any ideas on how to create a cd that would perform a
    > network boot just like the floppy.
    >
    > Pops
    > A+
    > Network+

    have you tried making the CD bootable?

    Bill
    Bill, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Pops

    Jamco Guest

    no, just copy the files to a cd, bet set it to do floppy emulation, and
    you'll be fine, and will save some money

    Jamco, Aug 23, 2004
  8. Pops

    AG Guest

    "Pops" <> wrote in message
    > I currently use a floppy disk for booting up a pc for Remote Installation
    > Services. From time to time I have a pc that doesn't have a floppy

    drive.
    > I have tried copying the file from the floppy and burning it to a cd but
    > that doesn't work. Any ideas on how to create a cd that would perform a
    > network boot just like the floppy.
    >
    > Pops
    > A+
    > Network+

    I make all of my tech CDs bootable. It depends on what software you are
    using but Nero and EZ CD Creator can both do it. Use the help in the
    version you use as I don't have them all and it's different on each one.
    AG
    AG, Aug 23, 2004