Ripping Help?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Impmon, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:17:49 -0700, gregfarr <>
    wrote:

    >Any help?

    Sounds like you need a second hard drive. You need space to rip the
    DVD to and the space to convert from DVD format to anything else
    including AVI and MPG. Also if you have old Windows (98 or NT) you
    may need to upgrade as they can't handle large single file over 2GB.
    Impmon, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Impmon

    gregfarr Guest

    I am trying to rip and turn into an mpg or avi, a bought DVD I have. I
    just tried DVD Speed Ripper v1.1, but it filled up my C: drive, and I
    had to quit. I also have this one, [CDR or DVDR SOFTWARE] DVD Shrink
    3.2.exe, but don't know wheather one can shrink directly from the DVD,
    or what. Any help?

    Greg
    http://gregsplace.50megs.com
    http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
    gregfarr, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Impmon

    pezoids Guest

    Bigger Hard drive! Check your drive format. FAT32 type cannot handle files
    over 4g. Re format with NTSB.

    Shrink cannot rip a movie alone. Try these first, then shrink:
    http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Rippers/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe
    http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Rippers/SR241.rar

    For all other ripping questions:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/

    pezoids, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Impmon

    Biz Guest

    Corrections below....
    "pezoids" <> wrote in message
    > Bigger Hard drive! Check your drive format. FAT32 type cannot handle

    files
    > over 4g. Re format with NTSB.

    That would be NTFS, NTSB has something to do with Air Traffic safety or
    something

    > Shrink cannot rip a movie alone. Try these first, then shrink:
    > http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Rippers/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe
    > http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Rippers/SR241.rar

    Shrink can rip fine all on its own, but its not as robust as some of the
    other ripper only apps and development has stopped so new forms of copy
    protection may not be rippable with it ..

    Shrink cannot BURN on its own, it needs Nero or DVDDecrypter installed to
    burn, because it calls these apps up to do the burning.

    Biz, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:01:35 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >> Bigger Hard drive! Check your drive format. FAT32 type cannot handle

    >files
    >> over 4g. Re format with NTSB.
    >>

    >That would be NTFS, NTSB has something to do with Air Traffic safety or
    >something

    Yep, National Transportation Safety Board. http://www.ntsb.gov/
    General safety with public transportation including air, rail, etc.
    Impmon, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Impmon

    pezoids Guest

    lol. Any other info you need???