    and also dvd fab, I can view the film in wmp 10 or divx player but I have no
    sound at all, can someone tell me what am doing wrong,

    Cheers

    soylentgreen, Feb 5, 2008

  2. soylentgreen

    Rick M Guest

    soylentgreen wrote:
    > I am currently ripping dvds to my hard drive as vob files with dvd shrink
    > and also dvd fab, I can view the film in wmp 10 or divx player but I have no
    > sound at all, can someone tell me what am doing wrong,
    >
    > Cheers

    have you tried doing drag-n-drop of the files from DVD
    to your hard drive then rename the .VOB as .MPG ?

    Rick M, Feb 5, 2008

  3. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    no will give it a try.

    soylentgreen, Feb 5, 2008
  4. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    Still no joy...........

    soylentgreen, Feb 5, 2008
  5. soylentgreen

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 5, 10:48 pm, "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK=
    blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    > I am currently ripping dvds to my hard drive as vob files with dvd shrink
    > and also dvd fab, I can view the film in wmp 10 or divx player but I have no
    > sound at all, can someone tell me what am doing wrong,
    >
    > Cheers

    Ping Ken Maltby on "alt.video.dvd.software" He'll helps you out.

    sandy58, Feb 5, 2008
  6. soylentgreen

    doS Guest

    do you an ac3 decoder?

    doS, Feb 5, 2008
  7. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    Am not sure what you mean by AC3 decoder, I have noticed the files are vts
    files not vob as first thought am gettnig a picture but no sound still.

    soylentgreen, Feb 6, 2008
  8. soylentgreen

    doS Guest

    most recent dvds use ac3 for the soundfiles.you should have files that are
    like:
    VTS_01_1.VOB

    doS, Feb 6, 2008
  9. soylentgreen

    chuckcar Guest

    > "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> no will give it a try.
    >>
    >> "Rick M" <> wrote in message

    >>> have you tried doing drag-n-drop of the files from DVD
    >>> to your hard drive then rename the .VOB as .MPG ?

    > Still no joy...........

    Top-posting fixed. See if the DVD's will produce sound themselves. My
    bet is not, which means the problem is the sound on your computer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 6, 2008
  10. soylentgreen

    Dustin Cook Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in

    > "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >> "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >> message news:JR5qj.50783$...
    >>> no will give it a try.
    >>>
    >>> "Rick M" <> wrote in message

    >> Still no joy...........
    >>

    > Top-posting fixed. See if the DVD's will produce sound themselves. My
    > bet is not, which means the problem is the sound on your computer.

    Stupid question.. but does he by chance have the audio tracks unchecked
    in dvdfab or dvdshrink? :)

    --
    "Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
    - Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

    Dustin Cook, Jan 14, 2010
  11. soylentgreen

    chuckcar Guest

    Dustin Cook <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote in
    >
    >> "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >>> "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >>> message news:JR5qj.50783$...

    >>> Still no joy...........
    >>>

    >> Top-posting fixed. See if the DVD's will produce sound themselves. My
    >> bet is not, which means the problem is the sound on your computer.

    > Stupid question.. but does he by chance have the audio tracks
    > unchecked in dvdfab or dvdshrink? :)

    Can't find the Original thread and my messages here go back to Spring
    2007. Are you sure it's relevant now?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 15, 2010
  12. soylentgreen

    Dustin Cook Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in news:Xns9D00E73E99515chuck@127.0.0.1:

    > Dustin Cook <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK= blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

    >>> Top-posting fixed. See if the DVD's will produce sound themselves.
    >>> My bet is not, which means the problem is the sound on your
    >>> computer.

    >> Stupid question.. but does he by chance have the audio tracks
    >> unchecked in dvdfab or dvdshrink? :)
    >>

    > Can't find the Original thread and my messages here go back to Spring
    > 2007. Are you sure it's relevant now?

    Sorry, I didn't realize I was responding to an old post from 2008.

    Dustin Cook, Jan 20, 2010