Ripping DVD Audio Commentaries Redux - "Pirates" Yes, "thirteen"No

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by solipsistic@earthlink.net, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    OK. With the help of Sir Scrub

    http://sirscrub.com/ripping_audio_with_dvd_decrypter.htm

    and

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:12:31 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
    <> wrote:

    <deleted>

    ....instructions I was easily able to rip the enchanting KK audio
    commentary from the DVD and listen to her "dulcet" voice until my
    heart's content. However I have been unable to duplicate those results
    since.

    First with trying to rip the audio commentary from "All The Real
    Girls" and now "thirteen."

    I slipped the Pirates DVD back in the drive and was able to duplicate
    my results which was pretty easy since under stream processing it
    actually says "director" and "alternate" commentary. Not so with the
    last two efforts.

    For example following the correct working instructions what I see when
    I put in the thirteen dvd is the choice of two AC3 channels to rip.
    The first is 0x80 AC3 which as we know is the main dialog track from
    the movie and as a test I ripped several of those chapters and they
    are indeed AC3 files and are from the main dialog track. Now here is
    the problem. When I go to rip what can only be the commentary track
    0x93 Ac3 ( it lasts about an hour and 39 minutes ) I do not get ripped
    AC3 files but rather unplayable VOB files ( video has of course been
    deselected )

    Soooo. What am I doing wrong and more importantly does anyone have the
    "thirteen" dvd and care to take a crack at ripping the audio
    commentary and sharing your successful results. Thanks.

    , Feb 5, 2004

  2. >First with trying to rip the audio commentary from "All The Real
    >Girls" and now "thirteen."

    I have to wonder how you can tolerate listening to Evan and Nikki
    screaching more than once, but whatever floats your boat. I've noticed
    some different weirdness- My Panasonic RV32 usually powers down after I
    insert the disc, and I can't access the commentary from the menu; I have
    to use the "audio" button.

    Monte Castleman, <<Spamfilter in Use>>
    Bloomington, MN to email, remove the "q" from my address

    Monte Castleman, Feb 5, 2004