    but if it's there I missed it.

    TIA

    --Bex.

    Bexley, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Bexley

    erik Guest

    "Bexley" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:aVB5d.4428$...
    > I have a few TV series and want to pull separate episodes for a "Best Of"
    > compilation.
    >
    > Can this be done? How? Can anyone recommend a tutorial? I checked

    DVDhelp.com
    > but if it's there I missed it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --Bex.

    E.g., this way:

    1. DVD Decrypter to rip the episodes (in IFO mode, demux streams)
    2. author the streams with a DVD authoring software
    3. DVD Shrink to shrink the result if it does not fit on DVD-5.

    Depending on what you use in 2 you'll get different results. E.g., with
    TMPEGEnc DVD Author, you can have only 1 audio, no subtitles.

    erik, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Bexley

    Tom Guest

    "Bexley" <> wrote in

    > I have a few TV series and want to pull separate episodes for a "Best
    > Of" compilation.
    >
    > Can this be done? How? Can anyone recommend a tutorial? I checked
    > DVDhelp.com but if it's there I missed it.

    If you don't need menus (just want to place them sequencially on a DVD),
    DVD Shrink will do it all.

    Tom, Sep 26, 2004
  4. On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:28:46 +0200, "erik" <> wrote:

    >"Bexley" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> I have a few TV series and want to pull separate episodes for a "Best Of"
    >> compilation.
    >>
    >> Can this be done? How? Can anyone recommend a tutorial? I checked

    >DVDhelp.com
    >> but if it's there I missed it.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --Bex.

    >E.g., this way:
    >
    >1. DVD Decrypter to rip the episodes (in IFO mode, demux streams)
    >2. author the streams with a DVD authoring software
    >3. DVD Shrink to shrink the result if it does not fit on DVD-5.
    >
    >Depending on what you use in 2 you'll get different results. E.g., with
    >TMPEGEnc DVD Author, you can have only 1 audio, no subtitles.

    He said he wants to pick bits and pieces.... Use DVDdecrypters IFO
    mode, just pick the chapters needed and the resulting collections of
    vobs will represent what's needed. Then a DVD authoring program can
    be used, DVDlab is best, and a new DVD project made using the vobs as
    the file source. DVDlab will make a new DVD WITHOUT re-rendering.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Sep 26, 2004
  5. Bexley

    Bexley Guest

    Thanks guys! Very very helpful.

    BTW, sorry about the double post, my provider has been having "issues".

    Thanks again!

    --Bex.

    Bexley, Sep 27, 2004