    found out about Ripguard.
    Anyone have any input?

    Tony

    Spleen Merchant, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Spleen Merchant

    Joe S Guest

    Spleen Merchant wrote:
    > Any way around this new Macrovision called Ripguard? I was trying to
    > burn "Grudge" and "Riddick" last night and got nothing but errors. I
    > thought it was a problem with my software, but it worked fine when I
    > recorded a copy of Happy Gilmore for a friend. I looked into it, and
    > found out about Ripguard.
    > Anyone have any input?
    >

    > Tony

    If Grudge uses Ripguard, then I'm thinking DVDDecrypter doesn't have a
    problem with Ripguard.

    --
    Joe

    Joe S, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Spleen Merchant

    Ed Kim Guest

    Joe S wrote:
    > Spleen Merchant wrote:
    > > Any way around this new Macrovision called Ripguard? I was trying

    > > burn "Grudge" and "Riddick" last night and got nothing but errors.

    > > thought it was a problem with my software, but it worked fine when

    > > recorded a copy of Happy Gilmore for a friend. I looked into it,

    and
    > > found out about Ripguard.
    > > Anyone have any input?
    > >

    > > Tony

    > If Grudge uses Ripguard, then I'm thinking DVDDecrypter doesn't have

    > problem with Ripguard.

    what version? when i tried 3.5.2, i just got CRC errors on THE GRUDGE.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Mar 18, 2005
  4. On 18 Mar 2005 06:11:13 -0800, "Ed Kim" <> wrote:

    >Joe S wrote:
    >> Spleen Merchant wrote:
    >> > Any way around this new Macrovision called Ripguard? I was trying

    >> > burn "Grudge" and "Riddick" last night and got nothing but errors.

    >> > thought it was a problem with my software, but it worked fine when

    >> > recorded a copy of Happy Gilmore for a friend. I looked into it,

    >and
    >> > found out about Ripguard.
    >> > Anyone have any input?
    >> >

    >> > Tony

    >> If Grudge uses Ripguard, then I'm thinking DVDDecrypter doesn't have

    >> problem with Ripguard.
    >>

    >what version? when i tried 3.5.2, i just got CRC errors on THE GRUDGE.
    >
    >-goro-

    Me too. Looks like the end of DVD Copying. Do a Google search under
    "Ripguard".

    Spleen Merchant, Mar 18, 2005
  5. Spleen Merchant

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:51:39 -0500, Spleen Merchant
    <> wrote:

    >Me too. Looks like the end of DVD Copying. Do a Google search under
    >"Ripguard".

    If your set-top DVD player can decode it, your computer will not be far
    behind.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Mar 18, 2005
  6. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:27:12 -0800, Bill Turner <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:51:39 -0500, Spleen Merchant
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Me too. Looks like the end of DVD Copying. Do a Google search under
    >>"Ripguard".

    >If your set-top DVD player can decode it, your computer will not be far
    >behind.

    DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    is supposed to address this new protection.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 18, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:

    > DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    > is supposed to address this new protection.

    Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    impossible.

    Urra Dipschitt, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Spleen Merchant

    Justin Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote on [Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:23 GMT]:
    > In article <>,
    > "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    >> is supposed to address this new protection.

    > Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    > impossible.

    That's called debating?

    Justin, Mar 18, 2005
  9. Spleen Merchant

    Guncho Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >
    > > DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update

    that
    > > is supposed to address this new protection.

    > Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will

    be
    > impossible.

    IT'S OVER IS SAY! OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

    Chris

    Guncho, Mar 18, 2005
  10. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:23 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    >> is supposed to address this new protection.

    >Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    >impossible.

    Words of genius, coming from a guy named Dipshit.
    Is that a family name? Do you have an Uncle Dipshit? Aun't Dipshit?
    Your screen name shows your I.Q. level, and yours is about a minus
    infinity.
    Jeez, what a douchebag. I suppose a genius like you will crack
    Ripguard all by yourself, right?
    Well....
    We're waiting.

    Tony

    Spleen Merchant, Mar 19, 2005
  11. Spleen Merchant

    Justin Guest

    Spleen Merchant wrote on [Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:58:17 -0500]:
    > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:23 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    >>> is supposed to address this new protection.

    >>Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    >>impossible.

    > Words of genius, coming from a guy named Dipshit.
    > Is that a family name? Do you have an Uncle Dipshit? Aun't Dipshit?
    > Your screen name shows your I.Q. level, and yours is about a minus
    > infinity.
    > Jeez, what a douchebag. I suppose a genius like you will crack
    > Ripguard all by yourself, right?
    > Well....
    > We're waiting.

    Yeah. That's not debating.

    Justin, Mar 19, 2005
  12. In article <>,
    Spleen Merchant <> wrote:

    > Words of genius, coming from a guy named Dipshit.

    You pathetic ****! CAUTION! JOKE WHEN RIGHT THE **** OVER YOUR TEENY
    TINY BRAIN!!!

    YOU'RE A DIPSHIT! GET IT, MORON!? What a clueless ****!

    Yeah, I'll break the encryption. Sure. Why waste the time! Some kid in
    Iceland will do it for me within five minutes of getting the first disc
    in his hands.

    U really R A DIPPSCHITT.

    Urra Dipschitt, Mar 19, 2005
  13. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:23 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    >> is supposed to address this new protection.

    >Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    >impossible.

    "Massive Update?" Makes you wonder how the poster measures size. (It
    does matter, you know.)

    E. Barry Bruyea, Mar 19, 2005
  14. On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:58:15 -0500, E. Barry Bruyea <it'>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:23 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> DVDdecypter 3.5.3.0 has been released. This is a massive update that
    >>> is supposed to address this new protection.

    >>Don't tell Tony the Spleen Merchant. He'll debate you on why it will be
    >>impossible.

    >"Massive Update?" Makes you wonder how the poster measures size. (It
    >does matter, you know.)

    I'm quoting the author's blurb, but it IS a long list of changes, and
    I think he's hinting at the new protection cracking capabilities..
    :)

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 19, 2005
  15. Spleen Merchant

    Bill Turner Guest

    wrote:

    >"Massive Update?" Makes you wonder how the poster measures size. (It
    >does matter, you know.)

    Took about ten minutes to read the changes. I'd agree that's 'massive'.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Mar 19, 2005