    I will probably have some questions about ospf and eigrp soon.

    Thanks in advance
    Martin.
    Martin, Apr 23, 2004

  2. In article <>, Martin <1@1.1> wrote:

    > Say that i have 3 routers all connected via direct serial links, running
    > RIP (version 1). Each of the serial interfaces can be pinged remotely
    > and locally. None of the ethernet interfaces can be pinged remotely, but
    > can be locally. Does this mean that rip is not advertising the networks
    > properly?

    Sounds like it. If they're using RIPv1, maybe the LANs are all subnets
    of the same classful network -- RIPv1 can't deal with non-contiguous
    networks like this.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    So should I double check the network advertisement statements and clear
    the rip routing tables on each router to force each router to re-learn
    all networks again and try my connectivity tests again?

    Martin, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Martin

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <40891c58$>, 1@1.1 says...
    > So should I double check the network advertisement statements and clear
    > the rip routing tables on each router to force each router to re-learn
    > all networks again and try my connectivity tests again?

    If you have a non-contigouos networks with RIP1, re-learning will not
    help. Can you please, specify your addressing here?

    --
    Ivan
    Ivan Ostres, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Martin

    Cisco4me2001 Guest

    Ivan Ostres <> wrote in message news:<c6b7d8$aasrv$-berlin.de>...
    > In article <40891c58$>, 1@1.1 says...
    > > So should I double check the network advertisement statements and clear
    > > the rip routing tables on each router to force each router to re-learn
    > > all networks again and try my connectivity tests again?
    > >

    > If you have a non-contigouos networks with RIP1, re-learning will not
    > help. Can you please, specify your addressing here?

    Please check your RUNNING configuration and make sure that you add your
    Ethernet prot's network. So each router you will have all connected
    networks addresses under --router rip-- line, in your RUNNING configuration.
    I think this will help you to solve your problem.
    Cisco4me2001, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Martin

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>, 1@1.1 says...
    > Say that i have 3 routers all connected via direct serial links, running
    > RIP (version 1). Each of the serial interfaces can be pinged remotely
    > and locally. None of the ethernet interfaces can be pinged remotely, but
    > can be locally. Does this mean that rip is not advertising the networks
    > properly?
    >
    > I will probably have some questions about ospf and eigrp soon.

    This is better suited for alt.certification.cisco.

    Common RIP mistakes

    1) Using VLSM with RIPv1.
    2) Not enabling RIP on the Ethernet interfaces (missing 'network ....'
    statement)
    3) Forgetting about split horizon on various serial interfaces.
    4) ACL in place that prevents routing updates.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 24, 2004
  7. Martin

    Martin Guest

    I wish i could remember as the question is based on an exam that i have
    taken recently. But the advice will definately help me next time.

    Thanks to all who answered.
    Martin.

    Martin, Apr 26, 2004
  8. Martin