    I don't fancy having to sit listening (and stopping) the DVD to get the
    lyrics from a (musical) DVD.
    Ideas anyone?

    ©®, Dec 10, 2003

  2. ©®

    Chris Gould Guest

    ©® wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the subtitles off of a DVD
    > into a text file?
    > I don't fancy having to sit listening (and stopping) the DVD to get the
    > lyrics from a (musical) DVD.
    > Ideas anyone?

    You could try Subrip:

    http://membres.lycos.fr/subrip/

    --
    Twenty eight days, six hours, forty-two minutes, twelve seconds...

    Chris Gould, Dec 11, 2003

  3. ©®

    Orgazmic Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the subtitles off of a DVD
    > into a text file?
    > I don't fancy having to sit listening (and stopping) the DVD to get the
    > lyrics from a (musical) DVD.
    > Ideas anyone?

    There's a program called SubRip that will do what you're after. Have a look
    at this guide: http://www.doom9.org/subtitle_guide.htm

    Gaz

    Orgazmic, Dec 12, 2003
  4. What's with the "Twenty eight days, six hours, forty-two minutes, twelve
    seconds..."

    Colon Terminus, Dec 14, 2003
  5. ©®

    Dogbert Guest

    Maybe his computer is going to explode on Jan 9 (?)

    Dogbert, Dec 18, 2003
  6. ©®

    Gram Guest

    "Colon Terminus" <> wrote in message news:<B9RCb.3107881$>...
    > What's with the "Twenty eight days, six hours, forty-two minutes, twelve
    > seconds..."

    Check out "Donnie Darko" and all will be revealed!

    Gram, Dec 19, 2003