RIP HD-DVD? - HD-DVD CES Event Canceled

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Air Raid, Jan 5, 2008.

  1. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

    CES HD DVD Event canceled due to Warner announcement

    "I just received an email from the HD DVD Promotion Group stating that
    the CES 2008 HD DVD press event has been canceled. The recent Blu-ray
    exclusive announcement from Warner is cited as the reason for the
    event being canceled. You can find the full text of the notice below.

    Notice of CES Press Conference Cancellation by North American HD DVD
    Promotion Group

    "Based on the timing of the Warner Home Video announcement today, we
    have decided to postpone our CES 2008 press conference scheduled for
    Sunday, January 6th at 8:30 p.m. in the Wynn Hotel. We apologize for
    any inconvenience this may cause.

    We are currently discussing the potential impact of this announcement
    with the other HD DVD partner companies and evaluating next steps. We
    believe the consumer continues to benefit from HD DVD's commitment to
    quality and affordability - a bar that is critical for the mainstream
    success of any format.

    We'll continue to keep you updated on new developments around HD DVD."

    HD DVD is in trouble

    If there is one thing that everyone is agreeing on, it is that the HD
    DVD is in trouble due to the Warner announcement. This decision to
    cancel the HD DVD press event further proves that the defection of
    Warner Brothers studios from the HD DVD camp is a major blow.

    I am very disappointed that they have canceled the event. I would have
    liked to see them try to explain this move or attempt to put some type
    of positive spin on it. I guess I will only be attending the Blu-ray
    CES event this year! Stay tuned to this site for CES 2008 coverage!

    http://wesleytech.com/ces-hd-dvd-event-canceled-due-to-warner-announcement/483/
    Air Raid, Jan 5, 2008