    the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    this possible?

    a "how-to" would be appreciated.
    G neal, Sep 9, 2003

  2. G neal

    yachtboy! Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> wrote:

    >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    >this possible?
    >
    >a "how-to" would be appreciated.

    Since it's for your car, and most cars have quite a bit of inherent noise,
    wouldn't it be easier to just run the dvd audio outs into your audio ins on
    the computer, and then burn the resulting .wav file?
    You might even consider adding a touch of compression.
    Of course, the purists will scream, but in the real world, unless you have
    a very quiet car, and your system is extremely good, and your ears are as
    good as the source warrants, you won't be able to tell the difference.
    A little tweaking on a decent eq (try a parametric, if you can), and you
    will have the basis for a great car cd.

    ==========
    "Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
    guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
    salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

    "Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
    ----------
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

    "He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

    =======================
    yachtboy!, Sep 9, 2003

  3. G neal

    G neal Guest

    "yachtboy!" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> wrote:
    >
    > >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    > >this possible?
    > >
    > >a "how-to" would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Since it's for your car, and most cars have quite a bit of inherent noise,
    > wouldn't it be easier to just run the dvd audio outs into your audio ins

    on
    > the computer, and then burn the resulting .wav file?
    > You might even consider adding a touch of compression.
    > Of course, the purists will scream, but in the real world, unless you have
    > a very quiet car, and your system is extremely good, and your ears are as
    > good as the source warrants, you won't be able to tell the difference.
    > A little tweaking on a decent eq (try a parametric, if you can), and you
    > will have the basis for a great car cd.

    Well, taking the DVD player out of the cabinet (including wires, etc.) going
    out and buying adapter cables, etc...is as much trouble. Thank you, tho.
    G neal, Sep 9, 2003
  4. On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <>
    wrote:

    >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    >this possible?
    >
    >a "how-to" would be appreciated.

    DVDdecypter to rip the DVD, DVD2AVI to extract the AC3, BeSweet to
    convert the AC3 to.wav, then edit the waves in Cooledit or SoundForge
    or whatever. In fact in WaveLab you can add chapters to the .wav then
    burn to CD AS a CD. Otherwise use Nero to make the CD from the edited
    wavs.

    DVD tools described above at www.doom9.org.

    .Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Sep 9, 2003
  5. G neal

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> Gave
    us:

    >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    >this possible?
    >
    >a "how-to" would be appreciated.

    Ask in the fucking RIP IT groups. Doh!

    You idiots learning WHERE to ask your stupid rip it questions would
    be appreciated!

    In other words... take a hike, asswipe.
    DarkMatter, Sep 10, 2003
  6. G neal

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:30:52 GMT, "G neal" <> Gave
    us:

    >"yachtboy!" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    >> >this possible?
    >> >
    >> >a "how-to" would be appreciated.
    >> >

    >> Since it's for your car, and most cars have quite a bit of inherent noise,
    >> wouldn't it be easier to just run the dvd audio outs into your audio ins

    >on
    >> the computer, and then burn the resulting .wav file?
    >> You might even consider adding a touch of compression.
    >> Of course, the purists will scream, but in the real world, unless you have
    >> a very quiet car, and your system is extremely good, and your ears are as
    >> good as the source warrants, you won't be able to tell the difference.
    >> A little tweaking on a decent eq (try a parametric, if you can), and you
    >> will have the basis for a great car cd.

    >Well, taking the DVD player out of the cabinet (including wires, etc.) going
    >out and buying adapter cables, etc...is as much trouble. Thank you, tho.

    Dumbshit. If they're being fed to your stereo, you already have the
    stream. It is in your tape out jacks on the stereo. Doh!
    DarkMatter, Sep 10, 2003
  7. G neal

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:36:31 -0400, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    <> Gave us:

    snipped retarded rip it dialogs.

    Hey! Dumbfuks! Yes, you!

    Take your rip it burn it baby bullshit to the rip it burn it groups.
    There are plenty of them.

    Do you stupid fuks know how to scan newsgroups, and subscribe to the
    CORRECT fucking groups, or what?
    DarkMatter, Sep 10, 2003
  8. G neal

    G neal Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    > >this possible?
    > >
    > >a "how-to" would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Ask in the fucking RIP IT groups. Doh!
    >
    > You idiots learning WHERE to ask your stupid rip it questions would
    > be appreciated!
    >
    > In other words... take a hike, asswipe.

    1. Someone ably answered my question. (HINT: It wasn't you)
    2. So YOU'RE the resident NG fucktard. Good to know.
    G neal, Sep 10, 2003
  9. G neal

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:01:43 GMT, "G neal" <> Gave
    us:

    >"DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:35 GMT, "G neal" <> Gave
    >> us:
    >>
    >> >the led zep dvd...want to rip audio to .wav files and play in the car. is
    >> >this possible?
    >> >
    >> >a "how-to" would be appreciated.
    >> >

    >> Ask in the fucking RIP IT groups. Doh!
    >>
    >> You idiots learning WHERE to ask your stupid rip it questions would
    >> be appreciated!
    >>
    >> In other words... take a hike, asswipe.

    >1. Someone ably answered my question. (HINT: It wasn't you)
    >2. So YOU'RE the resident NG fucktard. Good to know.

    You obviously didn't get it. Go take a look at the group listing,
    dipshit. There are several groups related to burning discs that have
    far more experience than this group has, and it is on topic there as
    well. Take your tripe clutter elsewhere.

    Got Clue?
    DarkMatter, Sep 10, 2003