    Any advices?

    Thanks,

    Zalek
    zalek, Jan 30, 2008

  2. zalek

    John Turco Guest

    zalek wrote:

    > My Canon SD550 commit suicide - so I am looking for other compact
    > camera. The only thing I didn't like in my old Canon was .AVI movies
    > format.

    Hello, Zalek:

    Did you give the dear, departed device, a proper burial? :-J

    > I am looking for compact camera, that makes .mpeg movies, have optical
    > viewfinder, 2.5" LCD monitor, and uses SD flash card. I checked
    > www.dpreview.com - they don't show movies format in camera.
    > Any advices?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Zalek

    Please, follow this link:

    KODAK Refurbished Digital Cameras
    <http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=4177&pq-locale=en_US>

    Many of those older Kodak digicams have optical viewfinders, which are
    rather rare, among newer models of any brand. Also, Kodak cameras don't
    record video, in AVI; they use MOV, instead.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Feb 3, 2008

  3. ? "zalek" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > My Canon SD550 commit suicide - so I am looking for other compact
    > camera. The only thing I didn't like in my old Canon was .AVI movies
    > format.
    > I am looking for compact camera, that makes .mpeg movies, have optical
    > viewfinder, 2.5" LCD monitor, and uses SD flash card. I checked
    > www.dpreview.com - they don't show movies format in camera.
    > Any advices?

    Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?If you want really good movie capability,
    get a mini dv camcorder.(Mine, the sony dcr hc-32e, was a demo camcorder.I
    bought it for 350 euros, while its normal price was 500 euros.Now it's
    discontinued, and a shop here has a last piece for 300 euros, brand new.If I
    were to wait however, I would be stuck for one year with a crappy analogue
    obsolete 8mm camcorder).Otherwise, I recommend getting any major brand good
    still camera, preferably one with a metal body.
    HTH,

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Feb 3, 2008
  4. zalek

    zalek Guest

    On Feb 3, 5:07 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote:
    > ? "zalek" <> ?????? ??? ??????news:...> My Canon SD550 commit suicide - so I am looking for other compact
    > > camera. The only thing I didn't like in my old Canon was .AVI movies
    > > format.
    > > I am looking for compact camera, that makes .mpeg movies, have optical
    > > viewfinder, 2.5" LCD monitor, and uses SD flash card. I checked
    > >www.dpreview.com- they don't show movies format in camera.
    > > Any advices?

    > Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?If you want really good movie capability,
    > get a mini dv camcorder.(Mine, the sony dcr hc-32e, was a demo camcorder.I
    > bought it for 350 euros, while its normal price was 500 euros.Now it's
    > discontinued, and a shop here has a last piece for 300 euros, brand new.If I
    > were to wait however, I would be stuck for one year with a crappy analogue
    > obsolete 8mm camcorder).Otherwise, I recommend getting any major brand good
    > still camera, preferably one with a metal body.
    > HTH,
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    I have a camcorder Panasonic PV-GS300, but I want something very small
    that I can keep in my pocket that makes good pictures and short video
    clips. Also it is much easier to transfer video clips from a flash
    card to computer, than from my camcorder - I just remove card from the
    camera, stick in in my PC - and I have a video clip.
    BTW - my camcorder makes still pictures too on a regular SD card -
    video na a DV tape.
    Anyway - I decided to buy Canon SD850.
    I found that Sony cameras make .mpeg movies, but Sony cameras use
    memory sticks - I already have bunch of SD cards and SD cards readers.
    I was looking for Casio and Kodak too - but finally I decided go for
    Canon SD850.

    Zalek
    zalek, Feb 3, 2008