Ring group

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Hongtian, May 31, 2007.

  1. Hongtian

    Hongtian Guest

    Hongtian, May 31, 2007

  2. Hongtian

    Brian A Guest

    On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <>
    wrote:

    >When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
    >at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
    >released.
    >
    >Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
    >
    >http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_services/ring_group/service_guide_ring_group.htm

    This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
    of this post???

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Sign petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    Ofcom want to aution off the spectrum needed for Hi Def
    TV.

    Brian A, May 31, 2007

  3. Hongtian

    Linker3000 Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
    >> at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
    >> released.
    >>
    >> Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
    >>
    >> http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_services/ring_group/service_guide_ring_group.htm

    > This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
    > of this post???

    That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
    Obvious.

    Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may
    cause another one elsewhere to ring.

    Linker3000, Jun 4, 2007
  4. Hongtian

    Jono Guest

    Linker3000 wrote :
    > Brian A wrote:
    >> On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
    >>> at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
    >>> released.
    >>>
    >>> Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_services/ring_group/service_guide_ring_group.htm

    >> This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
    >> of this post???
    >>

    > That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
    > Obvious.
    >
    > Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may cause
    > another one elsewhere to ring.

    In fairness, Hongtian's post was, I suspect, a reply to the thread
    "Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?".
    Unfortunately, because he changed the subject line & snipped
    everything, it appeared as a completely new thread.

    Jono, Jun 4, 2007
  5. Hongtian

    Lurch Guest

    Re: Re: Ring group

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:53:59 +0100, Jono <>
    mused:

    >Linker3000 wrote :
    >> Brian A wrote:

    >>> This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
    >>> of this post???
    >>>

    >> That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
    >> Obvious.
    >>
    >> Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may cause
    >> another one elsewhere to ring.

    >In fairness, Hongtian's post was, I suspect, a reply to the thread
    >"Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?".
    >Unfortunately, because he changed the subject line & snipped
    >everything, it appeared as a completely new thread.

    Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
    header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
    anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
    --
    Regards,
    Stuart.

    Lurch, Jun 4, 2007
  6. Hongtian

    Hongtian Guest

    > Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
    > header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
    > anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Stuart.

    I have posted a reply to the thread "Does anyone produce a all in one
    DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" and suggested to apply ring group to
    resolve that problem. And I think maybe others also interesting in
    this so I post this thread and give more details about this.

    But since it looks like a spam, I suggest administrator to delete this
    thread.

    Thanks Jono, you are very kindness. :)

    Hongtian, Jun 5, 2007
  7. Hongtian

    Lurch Guest

    Re: Re: Ring group

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:20:48 -0000, Hongtian <>
    mused:

    >> Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
    >> header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
    >> anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Stuart.

    >I have posted a reply to the thread "Does anyone produce a all in one
    >DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" and suggested to apply ring group to
    >resolve that problem. And I think maybe others also interesting in
    >this so I post this thread and give more details about this.
    >
    >But since it looks like a spam, I suggest administrator to delete this
    >thread.
    >
    >Thanks Jono, you are very kindness. :)

    lol
    --