    any sign that they reduce vibration.

    I would appreciate any suggestions for dampening out the vibrations.

    Thank you.

    Richard Alexander, May 7, 2004

  2. Richard Alexander

    Savidge4 Guest

    Savidge4, May 7, 2004

  3. Have someone else drive and you stand in the back (with your knees bent and
    your feet apart...balanced) and hold the camera almost at arms length with
    two hands and your elbows slightly bent. Use your body as a shock absorber
    like a human steadycam. Of course, this is dangerous and probably highly
    illegal. Depends on how badly you want the pictures. Standing up ( just have
    your ass off the seat so's your legs can absorb the movements) on a
    motorcycle works well too!

    Michael Minick, May 8, 2004
  4. Richard Alexander

    Irwell Guest

    On 6 May 2004 18:00:20 -0700, (Richard Alexander) wrote:

    >I attached my lightweight aluminum Samsonite tripod to the bed of my
    >pickup truck with bungee cords and mounted my Canon ZR60 video camera
    >to it, then drove around with the camera recording. The biggest
    >problem that I see with the results is vibration. Every bump or
    >vibration in my pickup truck went straight up the mast of the tripod.
    >It usually isn't too bad when I drive below 20 mph, but I think it
    >could be greatly improved. I assume that a better-quality tripod might
    >work. I know there are also specialized mounts, though I haven't seen
    >any sign that they reduce vibration.
    >
    >I would appreciate any suggestions for dampening out the vibrations.
    >
    >Thank you.

    www.glidecam.com have devices that maybe what
    you need.

    Irwell, May 8, 2004
  5. (Richard Alexander) writes:

    > I attached my lightweight aluminum Samsonite tripod to the bed of my
    > pickup truck with bungee cords and mounted my Canon ZR60 video camera
    > to it, then drove around with the camera recording. The biggest
    > problem that I see with the results is vibration. Every bump or
    > vibration in my pickup truck went straight up the mast of the tripod.
    > It usually isn't too bad when I drive below 20 mph, but I think it
    > could be greatly improved. I assume that a better-quality tripod might
    > work. I know there are also specialized mounts, though I haven't seen
    > any sign that they reduce vibration.
    >
    > I would appreciate any suggestions for dampening out the vibrations.

    I've not used these, but a high end solution used for helicopters and planes is
    an external gyroscope stabilizer (presumably it would work for trucks too):

    http://www.ken-lab.com/

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: