    Norton would scan the new file.
    Now for some reason when I right click, the scan option is no longer there.
    Is this due to an update with Norton or something I have done?

    BooBoo, Jan 27, 2004

  2. BooBoo

    Micio Guest

    Hello BooBoo!!!
    I lost that option also I do use Norton A/V in System Works 2003
    In Nov. 2003 I received a couple dozens of infected E-mails.
    I am on dial up Internet service and when I log on most of the
    times I
    go to OE Inbox and click send/rec and if there is mail I can see
    It downloading so if one of the E-mails has a bug or worm Norton
    A/V Window pops up telling what It did with the Email in my case
    It was telling me one text has been removed.
    Still I did not trust the A/V scan so what I was doing saving the
    already scanned E-mail on a floppy then open my computer +
    right click on the floppy drive and there You will find the
    option
    " Scan with Norton Antivirus". That is a lot of work if You
    receive
    a reasonable amount of E-mails and downloads.
    This is only my guess here, If Norton A/V is doing the Job right
    should check for the infestations while downloading programs or
    E-mails and by the time they are ready to be opened should be
    safe, maybe someone can explain this mystery better.
    Micio.

    "BooBoo" <> wrote in message
    > I use Windows XP and Norton Anti-virus. After downloading a

    file, I used to
    > be able to right click with the mouse on the new file and

    select "scan" and

    Micio, Jan 27, 2004

  3. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    "BooBoo" <> wrote in

    > I use Windows XP and Norton Anti-virus. After downloading a file,
    > I used to be able to right click with the mouse on the new file
    > and select "scan" and Norton would scan the new file.
    > Now for some reason when I right click, the scan option is no
    > longer there. Is this due to an update with Norton or something I
    > have done?

    Have you contacted Norton or searched their site?

    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004
  4. BooBoo

    Lord Haw-Haw Guest

    I Tell you this they is a lot of farting a bout with this software and when
    you loose the dam book and the site its hear there and eavy were its stuffed
    me any way lad below
    told me to look on oh f/ it for got it now brain dead a wee bit ,
    Zone Alarm seems far better and simple and not to many bugs in it couse my
    one of of date on 2004s for sending back and no news groups the isp one i
    got one
    and could not get out let a lone getting in they was one cald OWIDO
    something like that in the US Puppy katt got the rags on i think , Nice
    Chat that was on dog and boan an Elephant never forgets beei in wars muck
    and bullits Hear all see all say you know what the suns going to shine some
    ware tune in to the Radio service White cliffs over Dover evan thats
    changed now to Black cliffs over Dover 00

    Lord Haw-Haw, Jan 27, 2004
  5. BooBoo

    BooBoo Guest

    I checked the Symantec website and anything I understood didn't apply so I
    am assuming that it
    was an update that changed this method of choosing a file to scan. Unless
    anyone else has something to add.

    BooBoo, Jan 28, 2004
  6. BooBoo

    Lord Haw-Haw Guest

    There is a free one AWGs and i downloded it to clear nortons AVs had to use
    my back up computer and cleard it by the free one and its working back to
    normal some one will pop up to give the web site its free and its worth it
    only one computer mine you i ver much disgusted now with norton spend that
    amout out for it and fart a bout getting no ware who whats that game each
    week on norton i bloody well dont
    you know i was getting repeats same old emails comeing in by the isp to
    cleard all dam day not very happy at all as soon as it runs out out it gose
    2004s if we stand unnight we do them shold not be sold if carnt get it right
    iits a con in a box
    I Like to know wy we buy it do sort them out its not
    We the barmy ones for standing for it waist of time and money , HTHs

    Lord Haw-Haw, Jan 28, 2004